RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   May have killed my MMP (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/488684-may-have-killed-my-mmp.html)

JDIRCC 03-23-2014 09:26 PM

May have killed my MMP

So I've had my mmp for almost a week now and love it. Took it out today and sure enough I jump a little spot on the trail into what I thought was a puddle of water. Walk over to it and find it upside down and floating. It ran just fine after i got it out but if I got more than 10ft away from me with it the receiver wouldn't pic up my radio anymore. Only other problem I've noticed is that the on off switch doesn't work on the esc anymore. It's just always on. I've pulled it all down and cleaned it with contact cleaner. Wondering if y'all think it'll be ok or if I've completely destroyed it in the long run.

Nissan231 03-23-2014 10:38 PM

Re: May have killed my MMP

Prolly ok if the magic smoke did not escape, just let it sit for several days before you put power to it so it is fully dry. Switch would be easy to soldier a new one on.

SwampDawg 03-23-2014 10:40 PM

i did something similar last summer and now my MMP skips a beat while driving. Jerks as if it were a short or such?
still does it to this day.

JDIRCC 03-24-2014 07:52 AM

Lol yeah don't think i lost the magic smoke but i did do another rookie mistake and not cut it off immediately. i kept driving it back to the house to see if there were issues but the only one i noticed was the radio/receiver issue. but she i got it inside immediately tore it apart and cleaned and dried it all. so maybe it'll survive. casuse i sure would hate to have to spend another 130 bucks

mjc597 03-24-2014 11:51 AM

The switches on the mmp along with other castle esc's are known to quot working...may be betrer off ditching the switch...I usually do with all my castle esc's. I Just plug, and unplug my batteries for power..

Boneshaker 03-24-2014 03:23 PM

yup I cut all my esc switches off solder them together then plasti dip them. haven't had any issues yet even with my MMP

TheAxialNut 03-24-2014 03:53 PM

Most would cut and splice the switch wires together, due to the fact that it could be a POF (point of failure) and eliminate it! Hope your receiver is still good.

chicklet 03-24-2014 03:57 PM

If it ever happens again or to anyone else, quickly unplug your battery, run inside and put all of the electronics in a bowl full of dry rice (cover the entire piece). The rice will pull the moisture away from the board. I've done it once with a servo/receiver, worked ok after they sat in rice for 2 days.

drywallguy 03-24-2014 07:09 PM

I cut the switch off my MMP and it didn't work any more. Guy from Castle said it probably locked itself in off even though the circuit was complete.
Sent it back to KS and they put a switch on it. $75 OOW repair, I think I'll leave it on now.

JDIRCC 03-24-2014 07:46 PM

yeah igot it all back together today and tried it everything works fine except the receiver. i have a new one but i can't get it to bind for some reason. i go through the process and it acts as if its binder but nothing works. esc sits and says theres no transmitter. i can't figure that out but i contacted the company i got the receiver from and am hoping its just faulty. but the mmp lives on lol works flawlessly. the switch even started working again lol.

pstar26 03-25-2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicklet (Post 4720830)
If it ever happens again or to anyone else, quickly unplug your battery, run inside and put all of the electronics in a bowl full of dry rice (cover the entire piece). The rice will pull the moisture away from the board. I've done it once with a servo/receiver, worked ok after they sat in rice for 2 days.

A waste of some damn good rice. :lmao: