Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Guesstrain's Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
I'm in the same boat, wanting to get a HH set-up now. I sent them a contact form the other day, no response yet. Money is burning a hole in my wallet!!! I think I'm going to go with the CrawlMaster 13T unless HH advises differently.
The 13t will require maintenance more often than higher turn motors...especially if you run it at higher speeds more often..
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Guesstrain's Wraith

Couple things showed up today... First real mechanical upgrades besides the Hitec 7955 servo and CC BEC. Picked up the HH motor from allanon1965, can't wait to try it out.

Last edited by Guesstrain; 05-12-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Guesstrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Glad it got there ok....i think you will like it...it had lots of power and torque for me..while not giving up wheel speed on 3s especially
Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Had originally wanted to do the spare tire on the back but with the way i had the link mod set up i really didn't like how high the tire sat. So i ended up fabbing up my rear light shroud, which i really like. After seeing some of the custom metal chassis' out there i had thought of a different way to mount the tire while staying with just the cheap link mod style. Beings that i am new to crawling and to these forums this has probably already been done but thought i would post some pics since i had some stuff torn apart and could mock it up... I like how much lower and tight in it fits.

a simple flat metal plate or something could be added with a bolt to secure the tire.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:26 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

I see the piece you need in the background of the pictures.. Take the bent rear roof bracing, cut off the rod with the roof mounting tab and mount it in between the plastic links. Then all you need is a mounting stud and a wing nut to hold the tire down.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Yup, that one was bent to use that tab when I had planned on doing the tire mount with the links the other way. Think I'm going to stay with my rear light bar set up though, I really like how it came out.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Or you could do both. Run the rear lightbar the way you had it, and hang the spare off the end of the truck. Might be able to weight the spare then if mounted that way to try and balance out everything for crawling.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Ended up tearing the whole rig down, noticed some screws are loose in the driveshafts and servo mounts. Knew I should have done it before but going to go through everything and check and loctite. Will have to mess around with tire position and light bar when it starts going back together. Think it might be tight though for both....we'll see.

Finally got everything back together and went out today. Installed the new side panels i made, some new diff skids from The DMG and got to run the new HH motor i got from allnon1965. Motor ran great... real smooth low end and plenty of torque, not so much on the wheel speed but that is just fine. Should change when i get a chance to pick up some 3s batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastra View Post
Or you could do both. Run the rear lightbar the way you had it, and hang the spare off the end of the truck. Might be able to weight the spare then if mounted that way to try and balance out everything for crawling.
Played around with that idea, not really liking the tire on the rear though. It just looks really bulky that way to me.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-13-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesstrain View Post
Finally got everything back together and went out today. Installed the new side panels i made, some new diff skids from The DMG and got to run the new HH motor i got from allnon1965. Motor ran great... real smooth low end and plenty of torque, not so much on the wheel speed but that is just fine. Should change when i get a chance to pick up some 3s batteries.

Yup...that motor really comes alive on 3s!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Had my first break today while out on some rocks....
Not sure which upgrade will remedy this...haha

So after a run today at a new spot i found i am thinking i need to add some weight low and up front. Rig kept flipping over backwards in areas that i think could be doable. I know Axial sells some internal wheel weights but want to know if they are worth it, or if there are other options that might be better. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-13-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Beef tubes.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

Great color combination > black and orange.
You also paint gray beadlock orange color, when very good !
axsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastra View Post
Beef tubes.
Ah yes... Forgot about Beef Tubes as far as weight.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

So got a few new things in over the last couple weeks... Soon to be installed.

Question on the Beef Tubes.. Anyone know off hand what size screws to use to install?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #35

this wraith is awesome. I cant wait the next pics.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Coyots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #36

Sweet rig... I heard from some guys I trail with that you can put bb's in your tires to add weight. Im not sure if it will work though.
TrailonRails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Thanks!
Yeah...Not sure i would want to put bb's in my tires. Hopefully the Beef Tubes will help out, have yet to try them.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

You could always look into knuckle weights, much less stress on the drivetrain than wheel weights
Tgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Yeah, going to see how the Beef Tubes perform once I get it back together. Knuckle weights would be my next though before wheel weights.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Finally picked up a 3s battery pack and the motor definitely came alive allanon1965. And it only took about 3 minutes for this to happen. Front snapped and can already see the rear starting to twist. I've seen people have put a filler rod to sturdy these up and want to say they used a 6mm rod, can anyone chime in on this? I know the MIP's are the way to go but looking for a quick fix til i can get some ordered.