RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Radio (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/490893-radio.html)

Dave1966 04-09-2014 06:46 PM

Radio

Hello : I need to replace ( I guess ) my radio E.S.C. and receiver . I would like to hear what everyone else is using or would recommend . Thank you all in advance .

rknaub 04-09-2014 07:02 PM

Re: Radio

I'm using a Spektrum DX4r Pro with the 4ch receiver sr410 that came with it. For ESC I'm using the Holmes waterproof BRXL since I'm not running a brushless motor at the moment. I plan to do a castle mmp in the future.

It really depends on your budget. The Spektrum stuff is very affordable, I love the 4ws mixes on my TX, plus I can operate my winch from the radio. The DX3 line is very nice too. I'm partial to spektrum because they hooked my on their air radios a while ago.

What makes you think all that has to be replaced? What problems are you having?

Dave1966 04-09-2014 07:56 PM

I can not re match my radio to my receiver . The motor does not run and my wheels turn to the drivers side and just keep bouncing back and forth . I have tried to rematch everything back together but it does not work .I have called Axial and they kind of said to replace everything . If this does not work this thing is going to go .

rknaub 04-09-2014 08:36 PM

Let me look and see if I can find my stock electronics, I could probably get them to you if you're not in a hurry.

DrDiff952 04-09-2014 08:42 PM

The Best bang for the buck Is FlySky. There are a lot of nay sayers here but to be honest you can get a 3 channel 8 model memory radio for around $70. Receivers are also cheap $under $19 for a 6 channel RX a d about $15 for a 3 channel.
Your Factory Axial Radio is actually a FlySky!

Now your Axial ESC is very good, Especially if you add a Castle Creation's 10 amp BEC. It will handle any brush less motor you can throw at it and handle 2-3 cell LiPo Packs safely.

Your best bang for Buck in servos are Savox

wurster 04-09-2014 10:46 PM

I use a flysky and its ok .Stock esc on 3 s with cc bec 35 t Tekin pro hand wound and 54 /14 32 p gears and like it a lot and a Savox 2270 hv servo and love it .

FocusMiah 04-10-2014 08:36 PM

I second the flysky or their hobbyking counterparts. I have the gt2 and it works well and feels nicer than any of the rtr radios i have used. If you're on a budget and want something nicer id say get a Dx3c 20 model memory and you can get the orangerx receivers from hobbyking for cheap.

onecool54@yahoo 04-12-2014 01:47 AM

Does anyone know if with the spectrum dx4 series do they work backwards or do I have to buy new receivers for all my cars.

rknaub 04-12-2014 11:46 AM

My dx4r works with all my spektrum surface receivers.

evan03 04-13-2014 11:34 AM

I think all spectrum stuff is back words compatible.

I'm also partial to spectrum had dx6i now a dx8 . However I have not been able to talk myself into spending so much money to drive something on the ground

The hacked gt3b seems to be the more wallet friendly way to go. More programming options then a 4 channel radio. With great reviews and plenty of programming help on the forumns