Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My first Wraith and lovin' it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #1

Default My first Wraith and lovin' it!

Firstly, hi guys from a complete newbie

Been lurking on this forum since christmas with the hope of getting into crawling (my workmate got me interested) You guys all seem great and this looks like a great place to hang and have some banter. We dont have many forums for crawling in the UK!

Whilst off for a minor op in March , I bit the bullet and purchased a Wraith kit....no point sitting at home bored. After a bit of research on the forum, I got building with a few upgrades thrown in. I dont have any build pics but they include a Tekin ROC 412, a MMP, CC Bec, 32P spur and pinion, 3S lipo and a few Vanquish products.

After the first outing, I decided it needed to be a tad lower. Again, all the info has been supplied by your knowledgable chaps. I flipped the rear mounts, moved the mounting points to the holes nearest to the middle of the body, turned the lower link mounts upside down and moved the battery up front. Much better!!

Next up, the body.

I have seen lots of custom mods and panels on this forum and decided I wanted mine a bit more 'unique' too. A sheet of aluminium, a few templates and a few hours later, I think im happy

Rear panel

Full sides

Opening Bonnet (hood!)

Vented Bonnet

Now Im no panel beater but Im pretty happy with the way it looks, crawls and goes for now (good lord, does it go!!), so next stop are some Ti links, waterproofing the MMP and the Tekin and a tougher trans!! This hobby can get expensive lol

Thanks again guys for the help and advice you give everyone on this site, its already helped me alot. Here's to many hours of fun out and about!

Nathan
natfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My first Wraith and lovin' it!

Skins look good. How did you make louvers?
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Looks good! How you liking the Tekin 412?
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Great looking rig and welcome to the forums now that you are off the sidlelines! I really like the look of the vents on the (bonnet)! I've seen nothing like it on here so great job. What is next on your upgrade list?
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #5

The vents in the bonnet were made with a chisel. The bevel on the end gives a good vent shape.
The ROC 412 is great. 100% power flat out is pretty nippy, has bags of low end power to pull you up the hills and combined with the MMP and castle link, it can be tweaked to suit most needs. I have some HR lockers on order, along with some Axial underdrive axle gears. Next up will be the trans!
natfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig dude! im running the same motor/esc set up. what size spur and pinion are you running? im using 57/11 32p gears ive been thinking about a bigger pinion for a little more speed.
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote

My first Wraith and lovin' it! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lovin the axial cbtu0914 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 05-25-2010 11:08 PM
Lovin' this new Grappler DiEzel Paint and Body 15 06-18-2009 12:45 PM
DX3S lovin it sharky38 Electronics 5 04-16-2009 07:53 PM
brand new to rc and lovin it!! 05kjrenny General Crawlers 14 07-01-2006 10:13 AM
New guy here, Lovin the 1:6th Crawler! b17fan General Crawlers 1 04-04-2006 10:27 AM