Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: bilinvic's Wraith Rock Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #201
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: bilinvic's Wraith Rock Crawler

The new bumper and those wheels just set it off even more. Just keep's looking better and better....
mnickolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 08:00 AM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Thanxs, this Wraith has been a classic case of "never being finished"!
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #203
Quarry Creeper

This thing is amazing!!! I just read through the whole thread and I can't wait to get my kit. I was planning on this weekend going to the LHS but now I feel the urge to leave work and go right now haha

Keep up the awesome work and thanks for all the awesome info.

Lastly and most importantly, thank you for your service!!! I served in the USAF and am proud of all the military brothers and sisters!!!
kingfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #204
I wanna be Dave

Thank you kingfuzz. Thank you for your service as well and enjoy building your Wraith kit.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

....and one more change: No more body pins, the aluminum hood is secured with the Pro-Line Body Mount Secure-Loc Cap Kit (6070-02). I added some rubber grommets to eliminate any potential rattles and to cushion the hood. When they are tightened down, the rigid hood adds a fair bit of needed rigidity to the forward upper chassis/frame. I've been using these on my basher Slash and they have been working flawlessly.

WraithDMG_61

WraithDMG_60

WraithDMG_59

Last edited by bilinvic; 07-05-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #206
Quarry Creeper

Look's freaking sweet, i think i will build my self a Wraith Kit after this summer maybe for a winter project, tons of fun to work on during the winter!!
At the moment i am working on my Yeti kit, i just love the looks of and have tons of fun with it.

This one really looks dope.
Haziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Small update...

I finally bit the bullet and replaced the HiTec 7955TG servo with the 7950TH....go big or go home right!!! What was supposed to be a 15 minute job turned into an all day event though. I went to program the CC BEC to 7.4v and the link wouldn't read the BEC. Although the BEC was sending power to the receiver, the BEC couldn't be programmed any more; not sure why though. I ran down to the LHS and picked up a replacement....but of course, my BEC is buried deep in the bowels of my Wraith, so I disassembled the machine and rewired everything and added mini JST connectors for easy replacements in the future. While I had it opened up, I added some amber LED lights to the rear of the machine.

I also replaced the Spektrum AVS receiver with the SR410 DSMR 4-CH RX....no sense using an AVC RX for a crawler, that will be transferred to my go-fast!!!!

Tested it out and the steering is top-notch now....very strong! Now I have to go buy a new RC for the 7955 servo because I can't have that laying around without a use!!!!

WraithDMG_66

WraithDMG_65

WraithDMG_64

WraithDMG_63

WraithDMG_62

Last edited by bilinvic; 07-05-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Sometimes when the bec is soldered to the same connector as the esc you have to plug the battery in to program the bec. Now that you have the bec removed try to program it again and see if it works.

Add for the 7955tg why not turn it into a winch?
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:55 AM   #209
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by novarider View Post
Sometimes when the bec is soldered to the same connector as the esc you have to plug the battery in to program the bec. Now that you have the bec removed try to program it again and see if it works.

Add for the 7955tg why not turn it into a winch?
Novarider is right. Had the same problem. But when I removed one wire I could program it. Dude that is still one super nice looking rig...
Old 06-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #210
I wanna be Dave

I tried with and without battery power, and I also tried it when it was removed and isolated by itself...no joy. I even tried a different Castle Link.

Great idea for using the servo for a winch; I've been wanting to add a winch to my SCX10.

Thanxs for the compliment...I appreciate it.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:00 PM   #211
I wanna be Dave

Just read through this thread. Nice work with everything! You've inspired me in many aspects and given some great info. I just picked up my first ever R/C, a Wraith Spawn, and am loving it so far. Thanks for all the great pics, vids, and info!
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:20 PM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Thank you and I'm glad I have been of assistance. Mine has taken a few years to get to where it's at now and I have enjoyed every minute of it so far!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:46 AM   #213

Awesome build have loved reading every part. Am in the process of looking into my first RC car. My bros have scx10's and have always enjoyed wheeling there's with them but now I need something of my own. What would you recommend as the better first few upgrades on a wraith spawn as that is what I'm going to get. Was thinking VP links straight up and some metal gears?? Or would i be better spending the $$ elsewhere at first?
kruza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruza View Post
Awesome build have loved reading every part. Am in the process of looking into my first RC car. My bros have scx10's and have always enjoyed wheeling there's with them but now I need something of my own. What would you recommend as the better first few upgrades on a wraith spawn as that is what I'm going to get. Was thinking VP links straight up and some metal gears?? Or would i be better spending the $$ elsewhere at first?
Honesty, read Harley's threads stickied at the top of this group. Everything you need or want to know is in there.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #215
I wanna be Dave

Thanxs kruza....I would go C-hubs, knuckles and steering linkages first, as well as the suspension links. I wouldn't worry about metal gears until you start upgrading the motor. Move the battery forward if you are going to be crawling.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:14 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
For me, wheels and tires are like purses (or shoes) to women, can never have enough! lol
What have you found to be the best all round tyre you have Tried?
Old 06-17-2015, 05:17 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Honesty, read Harley's threads stickied at the top of this group. Everything you need or want to know is in there.
Thanks mate. Had a good look was just after a different opinion or idea as to what he thought was best. 100 people will have 100 different ideas so always good to hear a few different ones.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Hands down, the Sedonas have been the best. Not a scale tire, but definitely the best performance.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #219
I wanna be Dave

Tried out a new set of HPI Rovers with 2 stage CI foams today.....absolutely awesome is all I can say. I didn't think it could crawl any better and it continues to improve and amaze me! Went out with my son (PS Wraith) and a group of friends and tackled Mt. Doug; it was a five hour crawl from bottom to top and back down again. I ran with a 5000 mAh 3S battery and it lasted four hours....brushless efficiency at it's best and I wasn't easy on the throttle.

5Sept15_08

5Sept15_07

5Sept15_02

5Sept15_06

5Sept15_04

5Sept15_05

5Sept15_03

Last edited by bilinvic; 07-05-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #220
Pebble Pounder

As always one sweet looking ride. I wish there was somewhere close around here like that.

bilinvic's Wraith Rock Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Crawler - Wraith x R1 G-Made x Rock Force matoso Newbie General 10 01-07-2013 04:00 PM
Rocka´s Wraith Rock Crawler Rockatanski Axial Wraith 14 06-10-2012 01:39 PM