Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith CMS without panhard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

I have a home made cms on my 73 bronco and its almost 10lbs with a cheap 120 oz tpro servo and it turns just fine even when stopped. I wonder what is different with my setup? I didn't notice any disadvantages at all with the cms and it looks much more scale. Its only running 1.9 treps tho maybe that is why...?
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith CMS without panhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
Sure is! My 1:1 zj trail rig has some mean death wobble that I just can't seem to cure. No fun.
How many degrees of caster do you have? Every 1:1 that I've worked on that had a tight front end and still had death wobble I cured by adding caster.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Hmm I have no idea. Lol everything seems tight tho. The rig had the wobble since day one while it was still stock. Now its much worse with the 6 inches of lift and 35s
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
Hmm I have no idea. Lol everything seems tight tho. The rig had the wobble since day one while it was still stock. Now its much worse with the 6 inches of lift and 35s
If its still on short arms it will need even more caster than with long arms to keep it under control on 6" coils.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

5deg?
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostradamas View Post
It is worth noting (again) Chassis Mounted Servos & pan hard bars are for looks & scale points, not better steering.
Properly set up axle mount will always work your servo less & have tighter, faster steering response.

CMS without panhard is wasting lots of servo power & will have bumpsteer.

Since the Wraith has a plastic chassis and the relative weight is not as heavy as my 11 pound 2.2 Lucifer powder coated steel chassis with aluminum paneling plus a heavy SuperShafty Bombproof Tranny and a huge Holmes 10T Cobalt motor on plus heavy RC4wd TrueScale 2.2's weighted and a full interior on 4s you would not notice THAT much bump steer.

When I ran my Lucifer rig I wanted it as a TTC contentder not knowing that the chassis would be waaay too heavy and it would be more of a bulletproof basher than a comp ready scale rig. I tried 4 link front and rear with CMS.....bad mistake. I tried 3 link front with CMS and 4 link rear bad mistake. I finally tried AR60 axle swap with the intention of setting up a VP panhard mount and securing it to the chassis with 4 link rear and that would have worked with some tweaking.

You have a strong enough servo on that rig the servo will actually shift the chassis side to side before you even engaging a turn. Pan hard is a must if you want a CMS 3 link front end. But yes axle mounted would be ideal for lower COG and overall better and quicker response from your steering input.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith CMS without panhard - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VP CMS and panhard on a lowered Wraith?? Ernie W Axial Wraith 5 12-28-2011 04:46 PM