Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New Poison Spyder Wraith wire damage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New Poison Spyder Wraith wire damage

Hey all!

I was taking apart my wife's new (4/2014) Axial Poison Spyder Wraith to put in a HH BRXL WP ESC and waterproof the receiver. When I opened the receiver case I noticed the wires were damaged. The esc wire is actually cut half way through and the receiver wire is bent so bad I have a feeling that it is broken inside. We have driven it, but not far away, so I'm not sure if range is affected. I will check that tonight. I'm just curious if Axial recycles electronics that have been sent in by others for warranty issues. It is definitely something I'm gonna check as soon as I buy new rigs.
Bambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Poison Spyder Wraith wire damage

I read on here somewhere that the wires getting crimped is a common problem with the rtrs. Might try getting ahold off Axial, not sure on the warranty procedures tho.

If it's still working fine then you can always repair it and give it some heatshrink / coat of liquid electrical tape. Look for corrosion before hand.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default New Poison Spyder Wraith wire damage

I'm probably past warranty period. Esc still works fine. I will heat shrink it and use as spare. I am just curious if any others had experienced this.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New Poison Spyder Wraith wire damage

Ouch. Glad you found it before anything happened. Thank goodness nothing shorted-out, and/or caught fire.

Since this was a "RTR" kit, would be a good idea to check the nuts and bolts. Don't want anything to fall off during a bash session.

I have a wraith (kit) on back-order, and will be buying the HH esc as well. Let me know how you like it!
Gossamer_G30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I love the HH ESC. I have one on all 4 of my rigs. I am now wondering if the same bad wiring killed my first scx10 rtr esc. I was out trailing and it just started smoking and melting all the plastic on the casing. I pulled the battery and it quit. I just chalked it up as a lemon and as a loss.

New Poison Spyder Wraith wire damage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poison Spyder Wraith godofcable Axial Wraith 4 12-10-2013 01:41 PM
poison spyder wraith Frakke Videos! 7 09-22-2013 07:56 AM
new poison spyder wraith tnt-salvage Axial Wraith 20 07-07-2013 11:36 AM