Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Hacking the back of the wraith frame..How important is adding support?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hacking the back of the wraith frame..How important is adding support?

So I was looking at all the fastback mods people do to their wraiths and it looks kind of cool. I see most people just add supports, but I was wondering how important adding those supports is? My thought was to cut the cage just behind the seats where that post is, and making a hinged back piece with caging on it. Kind of like the hinged hood mod, but it would swing up so I can access my esc or whatever a little easier if I had to. It would slant backwards like the fastback mods, but would open.
Hatersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hacking the back of the wraith frame..How important is adding support?

My O.P.A.T. Wraith has a DMG Long Back Stiffy

My Weekend Warrior 1.9 Wraith has had the roof modified, Heated up and bent down. See the picture below.
DrDiff952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Hacking the back of the wraith frame..How important is adding support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiff952 View Post
My O.P.A.T. Wraith has a DMG Long Back Stiffy

My Weekend Warrior 1.9 Wraith has had the roof modified, Heated up and bent down. See the picture below.
I like that. But I want mine to have actual cage or screen down around that back area, so it looks like netting or something and I could flip it up like a hinged hood to get to my electronics. I just wondered if you NEED those supports or if they are mainly to look cool.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you dont have some kind of solid suppport...it will flex alot...tried it...didnt like how much it moved..
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Dang. Oh well, thanks for the input.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #6

There's definitely other ways of supporting the back end of the Wraith after doing the fastback mod. What I did was add the supports (used the plastic lower suspension links so I could drill into them) and cut the roof piece to cover over the back end. I hinged that up top so the supports are still there but the cover flips up and I have access to my ESC/BEC/power switch. Also threw a spare up there, looks pretty sweet.
dpmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Drdiff, that looks great bud
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Hacking the back of the wraith frame..How important is adding support? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hacking txt frame minitrucker Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 44 03-09-2005 12:39 PM