Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Leaking shocks - quick question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Leaking shocks - quick question

Howdy

I'm using axials shocks but the aluminum version. Two of the shocks I built leak at the seal at the bottom, a slow, really slow seep. I remember using a product to seal up the threads on another set but cannot remember what it's called? Any help?

Thanks in advance,
avoidsthelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Leaking shocks - quick question

Associated Shock Lube,Green Slime

This what you're looking for?
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I bought some of that and have yet to try it. My traxxas big bores have not leaked yet! Knock on wood!!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Associated Shock Lube,Green Slime

This what you're looking for?

I can't believe I've never heard of this. Has anyone used it on the gmade piggys? I don't know if it would help them from leaking around the cap like they do. I just built another set and teflon taped two of them and didn't the other to see if it really does help or if my last set i just got lucky with.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Green slime by associated. Great insurance for all shock builds and rebuilds. It lubricates the o rings and protects them. Be sure and check the pistons and make sure they are good and smooth. I always go over them really lightly with some 1200 grit sand paper
Gossamer_G30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Howdy Guys

Yes! that was it! I couldn't remember the name of it, then I thought it was green slime, then I thought....no that's for my mountain bike stuff. So, I was just brain farting all over the place. So thanks Guys, this is what I used on my last set and it helped! I was able to stop the seeping on two of my SCX10 shocks and I had forgotten all about this until the new set of 70-103s I bought for the wraith starting leaking all over creation.

On another note, I have been looking high and low for the Pro Line equivalent and have not been able to find these. Does Pro line not make a set of shocks tall enough for the Wraith? I am running a DMG SK - the long one, and I may just bail on the Axial shocks if I can find better ones. Who makes good shocks for the wraith - good in this case = no GD leaking, smooth travel and the ability to rebuild?

Thanks again for the replies guys. I really appreciate the board and all of the good crawler folks on here. Except Pardonmynoob, that guy is just mean and dark. He wont build me a one off Tundra based Wraith panel set and now I am going to have to try and do it alone. It will look like crap, thanks boob...i mean noob
Old 06-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ah - went through the Harley bullet proof build and found that he was using the power strokes for the Slash. I may try these. Is anyone running these on their DMG Stiffy Kit long back? Any feedback if you are running these?

thanks
Paul

Leaking shocks - quick question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
quick question for you guys who have MRC alum shocks??? 53 willys Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 05-07-2010 01:16 PM
Shocks keep leaking Alex's revo 3.3 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 01-08-2010 01:19 AM
Quick question about shocks legion1capone General Crawlers 3 04-04-2009 10:38 PM
Quick question about WK shocks... Mad Scientist HPI Wheely King 3 03-15-2007 01:41 PM