Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New Wraith Kit Turning Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #1

Default New Wraith Kit Turning Issue

Hi, i finally got my wraith kit version together, i adjusted my steering so the wheels can turn nice and far left and nice and far right. Problem is when i do this, you can hear the CVD's binding and clicking. Did i do something wrong or do i just need to cut back how far they turn?

I have my turning range set at 65% or so, anymore and it starts to bind in the cvds.

Also, im not sure if its the vibration, but 2 screws that hold the splined front hub carriers onto the axle keep backing out. they are just so small, how do you keep them in??

Thanks!
Mavein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New Wraith Kit Turning Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavein View Post
Hi, i finally got my wraith kit version together, i adjusted my steering so the wheels can turn nice and far left and nice and far right. Problem is when i do this, you can hear the CVD's binding and clicking. Did i do something wrong or do i just need to cut back how far they turn?

I have my turning range set at 65% or so, anymore and it starts to bind in the cvds.

Also, im not sure if its the vibration, but 2 screws that hold the splined front hub carriers onto the axle keep backing out. they are just so small, how do you keep them in??

Thanks!
Turn the steering rate down, or get some cvd's. I use VP vvd's but they are pricey.

Replace the self tappers that hold your chubs to the axle with some machine screws.
rknaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Suck it up!

Default Re: New Wraith Kit Turning Issue

1. Set your limits so that they don't click.

2. When you get the chance, feed your universals to the bench grinder and give them more clearance.

3. Reset your limits and enjoy lots of steering.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

New Wraith Kit Turning Issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial wraith not turning Wraithcrawler123 Electronics 11 12-29-2012 12:19 AM
Turning my Wraith into a racer/basher cnj Axial Wraith 18 08-17-2012 11:14 AM
Diff issue while building Wraith kit. stricker76 Axial Wraith 4 10-25-2011 09:38 PM
Suspension issue, rear turning when flexed out JTTG Newbie General 13 11-03-2009 02:23 PM