Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Virtual Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #1

Default Virtual Wraith

Building a wraith from from parts vs buying a kit and to keep my motivation up I've been designing a chassis in Solidworks. I plan on building the chassis from Titanium tubing. So far my virtual chassis is at about 1/3 of a pound if I can find a source for 3/16 tubing or a half pound if I have to use 1/4" for the main tubes. (a stock plastic chassis is about 0.88 pounds) While the virtual parts may not be exact in detail they are close and as close to the correct weight as I could find. Mainly using them for COG and to make sure the tubing isn't in the way.

I plan on using Blue Monkey's trailing arms front and rear with powerstroke slash shocks, Dinky RC's servo mounts, 4WS with Dlux knuckles, Pro4HD 1850kv motor with ax2 transmission and MMP ESC, Pitbull Rock Beast II tires. I also plan on using as much aluminum parts as possible

I have a question for you other builders/crawlers what are your thoughts on center of gravity? I know getting it as low as possible is desirable but what about fore and aft? here's where mine is on the virtual build (the little pink thing)

Just thought I'd share my progress and see what you all thought.

Last edited by lutinplunder; 07-08-2014 at 09:30 PM.
lutinplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Virtual Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virtual pre-build Headshok88 EnRoute Berg 39 08-19-2010 09:58 AM
Virtual Machine Shop BultacoJim Tools, and Procedures 0 05-07-2005 01:17 PM