Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Roc 412 in wraith compared to brushed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Have you destroyed the trans
12stepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #82
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Roc 412 in wraith compared to brushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stepRC View Post
Is there a reason people seem to prefer the mmp as an esc over the tekin rs gen 2 ?
Cost.

The Pro4 and Roc412 aren't bad motors at all, certainly great on the low end control in the grand scheme of things. Just not on par with a handwound Brushed motor with low speed control and free roll control. Its a choice between all great products, brushless being able to produce more power and brushed being able to perform better in very demanding slow speed situations.

Example, at a local rock garden there is an off camber up hill turn that requires a lot of precision control. Brushless systems make it really tough to stay planted, wheras a 5 slot brushed motor allows that super fine creep so the rig doesn't get upset. Right after this turn there is a little gap. A 13t Crawlmaster has enough wheelspeed and pop to get the front wheels hooked, but a 3100kv Trailmaster BL has enough power to launch the entire truck up.

They all have their place.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Stay with the CrawlMaster 13t..the roc 412 is not as good as others put it. I read that its jumpy and has not much low end torque..I though about the 412 a time or two but after reading a thread review over it..no thanks I decided to go with Holmes.
I went from a Brood specter 30t to a roc 412 3100kv. The roc412 can be a bit jumpy but gearing it down and throttle control was all I needed to adjust. My only gripe is the drag break. @30% I can flip my truck if I let go of the gas at trail speed but the roll down the hill kinda sucks. Then again, I find it to be more like driving than my 1:1, besides, holmes hold or 100% brushed break caused more problems than it helped IMO.

End of the day I'm still on the fence, the deal breaker for me is maintenance. I don't have to worry about my roc, I have to worry about wearing out my specter.
derycksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #84
Pebble Pounder

The roc 412 is nice I love it but it does like to break things alot! Just have to hook up the castle link and play with the tuning setup and fine tune it to ur driving or you'll be like me and blow a rrp output gear in the middle of a recon g6 run and be stuck in 2wd XD
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #85
RCC Addict

The Roc412 breaks other things in the same sense that "forks make people fat."

Dont throw big romps on the throttle at a high load/grip or bound up scenario and you'll break far less stuff.

Less is more, except "when in doubt...."

gbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Roc 412 in wraith compared to brushed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin roc 412 1200kv for wraith Crawler++ Axial Wraith 11 07-27-2014 07:17 PM