Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Skid Plate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wraith Skid Plate

Was reading through some older posts, and saw where LG Fab made some stainless steel skid plates for the Wraith. Appears the thread is dead.

Really don't want to go aluminum.

Any other options out there?

Thanks!
Gossamer_G30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Wraith Skid Plate

Plastic works great.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Can you swap the Wraith Skid plate for an AX10 one? My wraith seems to high center too much. I don't even know if that would be the solution to my problem. I mostly rock crawl with it, have the battery mounted up front, over drive gears front, under drive gears rear, DIG transmission, and have the front wheels weighted. I am amazed at what it goes over but when I'm stuck it's because of the big skid plate I think. Any suggestions?
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopernator View Post
Can you swap the Wraith Skid plate for an AX10 one? My wraith seems to high center too much. I don't even know if that would be the solution to my problem. I mostly rock crawl with it, have the battery mounted up front, over drive gears front, under drive gears rear, DIG transmission, and have the front wheels weighted. I am amazed at what it goes over but when I'm stuck it's because of the big skid plate I think. Any suggestions?
At that point, I would consider either installing taller tires or raising the suspension slightly to find the best compromise between ground clearance and stability. I run my wraith slightly high up to keep skid clearance to a maximum. I don't have much stability issues, but I'm a careful driver..
3stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopernator View Post
If your asking if it's a direct bolt in. Then no. You would have to fab up a mount to use it.
tklatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Right now I'm running Pro-Line Chisels for tires. I have done the shock mount lowering mods from this forum for both the front and back too. I like the lower stance, but maybe that's the trade off? Running the truck as low as possible means I'm gonna hang up on the skid plate. I will search for "tallest tire" I see what I come up with.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith Skid Plate - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wraith skid plate Steve13 Axial Wraith 3 03-17-2014 09:42 AM