Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Possible ESC or receiver problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #1

Default Possible ESC or receiver problems

My wraith has just started giving me my
First problems after six months of some good use. So some background, My esc has been plastidiped aswell as the servo and light controller, I did this before I ever took it out side. I also sealed the receiver box with silicone. I shredded the idler gear in the trans a month ago, finally got parts and a Novak terra claw 35t motor, I installed them as well as traxxas plug ends for esc and deans on motor, I took it out for its first run and it ran alright for about pack (venom 2s 5000mah 25c) but the motor seemed to get hot , more than the stock 20t did.I was trying rock crawling ( so I figure I need to gear down) since I wanted to see if I got some of the toque gains I was looking for since I lost a lot of wheel speed.

On the second pack it started to seem like it was just loosing power, I thought maybe I didn't charge the pack since last run. But it got to the point were had a good amount of power loss and almost no reverse. I went home charged my batteries and went out again. And after about 10 minutes it started to do the same thing lacking power and when you hit reverse it will start to go then just stop, in forward if you bump up again something and try to go, it will try for a second and just cut out, I reversed the throttle on the remote and I get the same reaction but just oppisite on the remote but truck going reverse just slows and stops and forward can just cut out if I try to climb something. I tried the stock 20t and I get the same results so I don't think it motors.

So I'm wondering if I have a bad esc or receiver or even radio, I have an xl5 I could swap in for testing
Jono15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Possible ESC or receiver problems

All this on the same battery? When batteries start to go bad, they cause weird things. Figured Id start with an easy one....
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
All this on the same battery? When batteries start to go bad, they cause weird things. Figured Id start with an easy one....
Im with you. Sounds like the battery ois trying to or has dropped a cell.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #4

No this happens with both my lipo as well as nimh, I ran both lipo in my rustler yesterday to make sure it wasn't a battery problem, some times it seem like i and hit lvc but I know my batteries run longer than 5-10 in the wraith
Old 08-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #5

When I took it out this morning its started to mess up almost right away, and this evening I got a chance to rig up an xl5. I went out for a run right now, no problems at all and I was out for 20+ Min and was kind of being rough on it to get it warm and I had no problems at all. So I think it was just a bad esc

Possible ESC or receiver problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bec/receiver problems.?? Help Crawlininga Electronics 3 09-11-2013 03:35 AM
any have problems with transmitter/receiver gofaster427 Axial Wraith 4 03-03-2012 09:50 AM
SCX 10 Receiver and Servo Problems jray Newbie General 7 09-05-2011 11:05 AM
Receiver problems? Devinb Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 10 03-23-2010 11:17 PM