RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Sidewinder - Holmes issues (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/506000-sidewinder-holmes-issues.html)

Rob L 08-22-2014 11:51 PM

Sidewinder - Holmes issues

Trying to set up a Wraith with a Holmes 540 Sport with a Sidewinder 3. As usual, the Sidewinder cannot be done manually very easy with a brushed motor because the beeps don't work with it. The truck stutters and stops immediately, I'm guessing because the Sidewinder is in brushless mode. Would hooking up the brushless motor allow me to program more easily into the brushed mode and then reattach the Holmes wires? I'm really beginning to hate the Sidewinder.

maslin 08-23-2014 08:59 AM

Re: Sidewinder - Holmes issues

Pick up a castle link for $20. I can't imagine trying to program all that stuff through beeps and clicks.

JohnRobHolmes 08-23-2014 09:17 AM

You could plug the motor into the other spare wire and see if it makes the beeps then.

Rob L 08-24-2014 09:37 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I bought the field link card and that did the trick in a minute or so. The Sidewinder ESC with the HH motor is awesome. Increased speed on the top end with better slow speed torque. My son is running this with a 2S battery. Would there be any issue running a 3S with this setup, both in terms of the HH motor and the existing LED lights?

I run a sensored brushless motor in my TH on 3S but I'm not up on running more voltage with the brushed motors.

Thanks for the help!

maslin 08-25-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob L (Post 4873987)
Thanks for the ideas. I bought the field link card and that did the trick in a minute or so. The Sidewinder ESC with the HH motor is awesome. Increased speed on the top end with better slow speed torque. My son is running this with a 2S battery. Would there be any issue running a 3S with this setup, both in terms of the HH motor and the existing LED lights?

I run a sensored brushless motor in my TH on 3S but I'm not up on running more voltage with the brushed motors.

Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty sure the options are still limited with the field link card. With the castle link you can set custom throttle curves and other fancy stuff. Like I said, well worth the $20.

k7zpj 08-25-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslin (Post 4874235)
I'm pretty sure the options are still limited with the field link card. With the castle link you can set custom throttle curves and other fancy stuff. Like I said, well worth the $20.

Another reason for the Castle Link -- you can't set the CC BEC's voltage with the Field Link for Driving.

Rob L 08-25-2014 12:06 PM

I'll check out the link also. It came in the package with the field card also.

altd896 08-25-2014 06:53 PM

The field link card works as a castle link to your pc as well via the supplied usb cable, just download the software from castle.
Castle Creations | Downloads