Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: VP vvd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default VP vvd

are they worth the extra money or should i just go with the axial CV's want to build it strong and only one time.... well hope only one time. thanks for the input
wyomingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: VP vvd

VP all the way best parts/service spend one time buy vvd 2's
vicstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

You can buy two sets of axial unis for about the same price as on set of vanquish. I personally like the axial units, and find them to be quiet strong.
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

^^^yup^^^
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

VP is great i have plenty of money spent with them and yes the customer service it topnotch. harleys BP thread uses the axial ones and just wanted to know if the VPs are stronger. i don't care about the price just want a strong ass rig.

Last edited by wyomingcrawler; 08-26-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Yes the vvd's are stronger. Plus if you break 1 they will most likely warranty it. If not, then you can buy just the broken piece unlike if you have axial uni's, then you'd have to buy a whole new pair. I broke 2 uni's with a brushed integy motor. I have yet to break a vvd and I've been beating on mine for over a year on 3 and 4s with a pro4. So anyways... Vp vvd's for the win.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

If you want something in between the RC4WD VVD's are just like the Vanquish ones only black and half the cost, I broke 2 sets of Axial CV's in 3 runs, the RC4WD's are running strong. Im not a Vanquish hater I have plenty of it on my rig and I tried the Vanquish VVD's but they didn't fit, they were too long and needed to cut them down with a dremmel to shorten them and grind the flats longer.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

has any one else had this problem with the VPs and what locker are you all using in the front i have the FI in the rear and its great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
If you want something in between the RC4WD VVD's are just like the Vanquish ones only black and half the cost, I broke 2 sets of Axial CV's in 3 runs, the RC4WD's are running strong. Im not a Vanquish hater I have plenty of it on my rig and I tried the Vanquish VVD's but they didn't fit, they were too long and needed to cut them down with a dremmel to shorten them and grind the flats longer.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I have complete VP axles with beeftubes, VP lockers, vvd version 2 and it all fit perfectly
vicstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I broke a vvd. The parts to fix it are the same as just buying a pair of axial uni's. I have not broken a uni yet. Guess what I run in all my solid axle rigs.
WHITE-TRASH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Anything can and will break. A simple call to vanquish and i bet they would have sent you the parts for free. Their warranty service is killer.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Don't get me wrong I think the Vanquish VVD's are a top quality piece, I think if you break a Vanquish VVD there is most likely nothing out there you wont break unless it's something custom, I just ended up with 2 sets that didn't fit, they actually called me today and said that there were some sets that were packaged incorrectly. The 1st set I bought I got from RPP when I bought the original VVD's, the second set of replacement shafts I got directly from Vanquish, they were too long also, hopefully they have it sorted out.

The Axial shafts I broke I believe broke from falls bashing, not power related, they both snapped off at the cup, I suspect it was from falling and landing on the front wheel, like I did this last weekend and bent a rear shaft.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
Anything can and will break. A simple call to vanquish and i bet they would have sent you the parts for free. Their warranty service is killer.
I don't need a warranty with axial shafts so far.
WHITE-TRASH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I've been running vp vvds for over a year now with no issues. Pro4 3300 on 3s.
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I ran Axial universals for almost a year with the Pro4 3300 mostly on 4s....and a little bit of 3s. They held up great.....BUT......I've snapped 3 of them recently. All breaks were the front short axle. They snapped at the yoke. I think the Axial is using cheaper steel or something. I just can't get them to hold up anymore!!
I did call axial though, and they sent me two full replacement sets( even though i only asked for the short ones)

I may try Vanquish if i have one more breakage.
Chainsaw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw10 View Post
I ran Axial universals for almost a year with the Pro4 3300 mostly on 4s....and a little bit of 3s. They held up great.....BUT......I've snapped 3 of them recently. All breaks were the front short axle. They snapped at the yoke. I think the Axial is using cheaper steel or something. I just can't get them to hold up anymore!!
I did call axial though, and they sent me two full replacement sets( even though i only asked for the short ones)

I may try Vanquish if i have one more breakage.
Same here...

Last edited by Heckler; 08-27-2014 at 11:48 PM. Reason: edit

VP vvd - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VVD v XVD's joneail G-Made Crawlers 2 06-02-2014 07:28 AM
Vvd v2 Stealthinator51 Tires and Wheels 0 03-24-2014 01:32 AM
VP VVD. Mod KnoJa Axial XR10 3 08-08-2012 04:50 PM