Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Finally got my a wraith.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Finally got my a wraith.

Hey all, I have wanted to get an actual crawler for a long time. Only had junk built home made crawlers that worked great but couldn't keep up with my buddy who had actual kits. I drove his wraith and Deadbolt. The wraith won me over so the hunt began for finding a good deal. I ended up getting a new in box Poison Spyder minus the Speed Controller. Not a big deal as I have a ton of electronics. Once I got it, I swapped out the wheels for the 8 hole bead locks I had on my TLT crawler with 2.2 Rock Crushers on them. Pretty much look the same but perform better than the stocks. I then cut the fenders off the front and cut the hood off for the battery forward mod. I went with a hinge in the front so it was a reversed opening. It worked good but I only ran it once before I learned that I can't really stand the blue Jeep body. I was in a Jeep club when I had my 1:1 and another member is in the Ultra 4 circuit and I feel dirty running the 4415 truck. So I put that to the side and will be making my own Ultra 4 truck panels as tribute to my former club mate. But for now I made my own skins with the EZ Foil cookie sheets. Not happy with the hood being a skin. So I will be making a mold and attempt to make a grill and hood like Metal Masher does. Obviously not to his caliber. But I can try. Since the current body panel was a test and my son is obsessed with Batman I went ahead and added a few stickers to it. I am attaching a link to my photos because I don't know how to make sure that the pics are not to big. Well Enjoy :https://drive.google.com/folderview?...ms&usp=sharing
Not sure if the bat Skin folder will open so here is the link to that as well. https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing

I should be running this Friday with a buddy. Hopefully I will have a little bit of carnage to share with you.

I hope to have the Ultra 4 skins by the end of this weekend with a real hood. But we shall see how that goes.

Later,
Brandon
bvitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Finally got my a wraith. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally got a wraith! jason02ws6 Axial Wraith 7 05-03-2014 10:07 PM
finally got a wraith PontiacGT201 Axial Wraith 6 08-13-2013 04:03 PM
Finally got a wraith!!!! DonnieB Axial Wraith 11 06-02-2013 08:28 AM
FINALLY got a Wraith jrowles91 Axial Wraith 2 04-06-2013 03:10 PM
Finished Wraith! Finally.. Blasto0341 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 01-06-2013 04:41 PM