Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: JDIRCC's "The Ripper' rebuild

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default JDIRCC's "The Ripper' rebuild

Ive had this rig for awhile now and since I have went with the spare no expense build on my 1.9 truggy, I thought it was time for a little tlc for the Ripper wraith. Currently the rig sits on a fairly decent setup but i built it with keeping the price down in mind

The current setup
-plastic ar60's
-Integy green knocks and chubs front and rear
-Integy green links. Upper, lower, and steering
-Suicide steering in front
-vp lockers
-integy cvds
-dinkyrc dinky link on rear
-hd factory tooth gears
-DMG stumpback stiffy
-level3rc droop kit
-gmade piggybacks in 103mm
-bombproof built tranny minus vp housing
-strc drive shafts
-savox 1230sg fornt and rear
-HH trailmaster brushless 13.5t 9-56 gearing on 32p or castle 5700kv for f-off setup days
-MMP
-heyok bec
-3s

The rig runs great as it is, but I haven't really kept it up to well since I started doing my 1.9 scaler. So after this last weekend of f-off style fun and breaking, I brought it in cleaned it and tore it down.

My plan for it now is to do a build similar to Harley's budget build. Im not sure if I'm gonna stick to 50 a week or 75 but either way its gonna be a budget style build. I plan on keeping a lot of the rig such as the stiffy kit, wheels and tires, electronics, driveshafts, and shocks. But other than that I'm gonna go bigger and better. On top of doing it budget style I'm also gonna try to stick to getting the parts off of the RCC classified section just to try and save the money and make it a little more challenging.

The list of parts to come so far
-Vp axles (unsure of curries or just cop's)
-Vp knucks and chubs (unsure of regular or scale)
-Vp titanium links
-new body panels or body
-overs and unders
-axial universals front and rear
-light buckets and a few scale goodies

Id really like some opinions on which way to go with the axles and the knucks and chubs. I wanna know what everyone thinks about the different styles. My overall goal for the rig is for it to look a lot better and be able to run and handle whatever i throw at it whether it be crawling, bouncing, or f-off.

So this is what I've got going and planned so stay tuned when i start the project next week. stay tuned for some more detailed pic and build updates as new parts roll in and as i go through and clean up/ and rebuild other parts.

Last edited by JDIRCC; 08-27-2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Spelling in thread title wrong
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

JDIRCC's "The Ripper' rebuild - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mountain Goat Rebuild "Toyota Truggy and Dove Nose" txcrawl 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 11-06-2011 09:08 PM
72 chevy "rebuild" now "flatbed" chicostaxxs007 Axial SCX-10 101 08-29-2011 12:16 PM
Rock Ripper 2.2" Plastic See Through Beadlock Wheel Giveaway!!! Ends 5/01/2009 roborg5000 Tires and Wheels 329 05-14-2009 12:27 PM
New Tuber "The Rock Ripper" TMXONR Tamiya TLT Crawlers 20 12-13-2007 12:12 AM
Project "Redneck Ripper" ClodTrasher Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 10-30-2005 01:27 AM