Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: who would like to see a big scale wraith??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 02:22 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default who would like to see a big scale wraith??

I know the 1/8th yeti is nice and all but id love to see the wraith in that type of size. think how good a bigger sized solid axle truck would be

admins move this if it isn't in the right place
skidtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: who would like to see a big scale wraith??

I think it would be cool. Especially with the centered rear axle on the Yeti XL. I don't think I would want a brushless system, maybe an oversized brushed motor instead.
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:55 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I want one if they sell it as a kit i would install a Tekin T8 1700 kV, sensored and big power, best of both worlds
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:53 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Why do you want so big rigs? cant understand it myself. When im out trailing there is many passages that the regular wraith har truble squising thrugh compared to SCX. And a the 1/10 size is perfect, not to heavy or big to carry home if you are unlucky and break it. A 1/6 rig would be a pain in the ass to drag down from top of a mountain, if it accedentaly broke down, or you miscalculated the battery run time.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelowDoom View Post
Why do you want so big rigs? cant understand it myself. When im out trailing there is many passages that the regular wraith har truble squising thrugh compared to SCX. And a the 1/10 size is perfect, not to heavy or big to carry home if you are unlucky and break it. A 1/6 rig would be a pain in the ass to drag down from top of a mountain, if it accedentaly broke down, or you miscalculated the battery run time.
So... you don't want one, ok then
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

No I dont, thats obvious. But can you explain why you want a truck this huge? The Yeti XL is a little more understandable since I think it will be used more as a basher in more open terrain. But a wraith, I would think that It needs more of a trail/crawling area, and with bigger rigs it would be harder to find. I'm just saying since I quit driving my 1/5 cus it was such a hassle finding deasent spots to drive. But with the 1/10 trucks any mountain or forrest area will do, even rocky shoreline is a perfect spot.
I understand that you all think it would be cool and all with a big rig. But have you thought about where to drive it and for what use it will cover? There certainly is no comps for it either, and would imagine it will take some time to get some established, if it ever would.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #7

I think it'll be a cool option. I would imagine that 2.2 tires would look more scale on a 1/8 body Wraith as the 1.9's look on the 1/10 Wraith.
btango05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

A big Wraith makes more sense than a big turd Yeti.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No I dont, thats obvious. But can you explain why you want a truck this huge? The Yeti XL is a little more understandable since I think it will be used more as a basher in more open terrain. But a wraith, I would think that It needs more of a trail/crawling area, and with bigger rigs it would be harder to find. I'm just saying since I quit driving my 1/5 cus it was such a hassle finding deasent spots to drive. But with the 1/10 trucks any mountain or forrest area will do, even rocky shoreline is a perfect spot.
I understand that you all think it would be cool and all with a big rig. But have you thought about where to drive it and for what use it will cover? There certainly is no comps for it either, and would imagine it will take some time to get some established, if it ever would.
I agree, I did say it would be cool, but it would be a pita to own and use. The Wraith you can through on the floor in your car, but the Wraith XL would take up a whole seat. And plus the bigger it is the more expensive It will be not only for the truck but for the parts too. Here is some dimensions of how big my calculations say the Wraith XL will be....

What I did:
Current Wraith Dimension * 10 / 8 = Predicted Wraith XL ( 1/8 )

Length: 23.75in
Width: 13.775in
Height: 11.625in
Wheelbase: 17.375in
Ground Clearance: 3.9375in

So let's sum that up with a little more basic dimensions:
2FT Long
Over 1FT Wide
1FT Tall
1.5FT Wheelbase
1/3FT Ground Clearance

THESE Aren't Actual Dimensions People, Just how big it would be if it were Perfectly Proportioned to 1/8 scale.
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I want a 1/8 scale size micro............

Cheers
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I would most likely sell my 2.2 wraith if they brought out a bigger scale truck when I use my wraith now having something the size of the yeti would be more fun I think.

I guess for some of you old boys having a little truck is more fun as its not as heavy to get it places
Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
well I like to take my wraith to actual 4x4 spots not just a local walk way etc I put in in the back of my truck and let other people have a play with if they want. having a bigger truck would be more use when you are driving it places where 1:1 trucks have just been with 37" plus tires.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #13

I agree that the wraith is big enough. My wraith is already bigger than most rigs I crawl with, just my opinion.
gwcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Yeah, if you have a spot to use it I would prefer a big Wraith myself to a big Yeti. But that's because I find the slower crawling with a challenging line more interesting than fast bashing. But I have no good spot to use it, so 1/10 is sufficient for me.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidtoy View Post
I know the 1/8th yeti is nice
Do you really think so? I attended a G6 yesterday and the hobby shop where it was held had the yeti xl on display. What a toy-like, something you find in walmart looking piece of shit!! What the hell was Axial thinking? 1/10 is the size these rigs should stay at imo.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Personally, I wouldn't be in this hobby if I only had 2.2 stuff to work with. I would have left a long time ago. 1/10 scale crawler stuff feels a little too toylike to me. When you go to 40 series stuff, obstacles are bigger more fun, and your rig is way more capable. All in all, you have to have a place to run a rig like an xlwraith. Me, I've got plenty of spots. biggest issue with larger scale crawlers is the lack of sticky and soft tires. I left 2.2 long ago and Ill never go back. But I understand if a person lives in the city or flatlands. NM has the perfect terrain/trails for a large scale crawler.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I have a hard time believing that the YetiXL is going to be a big seller for Axial. With a $700 price tag, I don't think everyone is gonna run out and buy one. I don't think there will be much aftermarket support for upgrade parts. I think Axial would be "shooting themselves in the foot" by making a WraithXL. I see less "use" for a Wraith XL, than a Yeti XL.
I will not be buying a Yeti XL, and I would not buy a Wraith XL. The only reason would be for the Wow factor, but dropping $700 for something just for a Wow factor is a little ridiculous.

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I really like 1/10th scale vehicles. I have experience with a 1.9 SCX10, a 2.2 SCX10 and my 2.2 Wraith. The small size of the vehicles can make average outdoor terrains a nice challenge to navigate. At one point, I was having more fun with the 1.9 SCX over my 2.2 Wraith! My Wraith is far more capable, but sometimes it could be 'too capable' if you get what I mean.. and you loose out on some possible challenges.

With all the upgrades I have done to my Wraith, I constantly have to seek out more challenging environments to run it to it's limit. A Wraith XL would be fun for like 5 minutes and then you would get bored quickly in average terrain. A 1.9 RC would be loads of fun almost everywhere by comparison..
3stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
Personally, I wouldn't be in this hobby if I only had 2.2 stuff to work with. I would have left a long time ago. 1/10 scale crawler stuff feels a little too toylike to me. When you go to 40 series stuff, obstacles are bigger more fun, and your rig is way more capable. All in all, you have to have a place to run a rig like an xlwraith. Me, I've got plenty of spots. biggest issue with larger scale crawlers is the lack of sticky and soft tires. I left 2.2 long ago and Ill never go back. But I understand if a person lives in the city or flatlands. NM has the perfect terrain/trails for a large scale crawler.
I get the same feel...it could be because I have played with 1:1 for a long time now, maybe not as full on some of the guys on here but the larger stuff just has more appeal to myself. maybe ill just have to wait until someone sorts a rear steer kit for the yeti xl then put a solid up front of that and do some re gearing
Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #20

I'm really surprised that this question hasn't received a more positive response. I'm new to crawling but after my electric 1/8 truggy my Wraith feels rather toyish and insubstantial and I would have bought the 1/8 scale option if it existed. I understand that the parts pricing would also be affected too but the size vs weight factor would permit more substantial parts to used limiting the need for wholesale replacement of standard parts just for reliability...let alone increased performance. In the end the gap in price might not be as wide as the initial RTR price would have you believe. I hope this proves to be the case with the Yeti XL... I'm watching with interest.
Naim is offline   Reply With Quote

who would like to see a big scale wraith?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best shocks for Wraith? Big Bore or Powerstrokes? BoardN88 Axial Wraith 19 08-27-2015 11:29 PM
BIG scale ibex! jacko_barber77 Chit Chat 2 03-18-2012 02:12 PM
BIG scale bodies ?? Offroad Factory Newbie General 2 10-21-2006 10:20 AM
small scale and big scale ? dotson Tamiya TLT Crawlers 6 06-02-2005 10:35 PM