Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PLS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #1

Default Futaba 4PLS

I'm looking to install the dig feature on my wraith but can't find any info on a radio to run it. Will the Futaba be able to have this feature?
Troublekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Futaba 4PLS

If you get the dig setup, you'll need to also install a servo to engage it and disengage it. The 4pls will work great for this feature. You can assign any of the dt switches to the 3rd channel. Set it to 3 position. When installing its going to be important that you have the three dig positions figured out. With the servo centered, adjust the length of the connecting rod to hold the dig selector in the center position. Turn the endpoints wayyyyy down for channel 3. Using the radio, with the rig powered up, switch the dig switch one way. Adjust that endpoint until the dig function in that direction is fully engaged. Work the servo from neutral to that point until it's just right. Do the same on the other servo direction. You may need to feather the throttle to get it to go into the three positions.
Not sure what your experience is with dig. The three positions are 4wd, rear axle free spin, rear axle locked. Not sure if that's the exact order.

DNA
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #3

Thank you. This was the info I was looking for. I've tried to learn as much as I could so I know about the servo but couldn't find any info about it working with the transmitter.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:46 AM   #4
20K Club

I have an entire thread on nothing except setting up the 4PL for every situation. It's in the electronics section.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #5

10-4 I'll have to look for it. Clearly I'm new to this site so still trying to figure it out
Old 10-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Can the Futaba 3PL get the job done as well? I'm yet to do some research on transmitters, but I would be interested in a cost effective transmitter to use with the Dig feature.. Any recommendations?
3stage is offline   Reply With Quote

Futaba 4PLS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba 4PLS SuperRoo Electronics 3 03-23-2013 07:43 PM