Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New Wraith with G-Air

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #1

Default New Wraith with G-Air

Hello everyone, I've been browsing and searching the forums here for months. There's a lot of great information here. I've been into RC for half my life and am far from new at it. I got my first scaler today, and I'm relitivley new to crawling. I got myself a poison spider wraith. Already installed: Novak Terra Claw 35t, aluminum suspension and steering links, Savox high torque servo, G Max Transitions shocks, and G Max G air inflatable beadlocks with G Max Bighorns. I have already done the battery forward mod with 2 mounting options for 7 cell nimh packs. My original plan was to run 2 axle mounted mini lipos in parallel to keep the weight low and the runtime high. I wasn't able to get a bec today so I had to scratch the plans of the 3s mini lipos for the time being and instead use 7cell nimh packs. Now, for my first question. Are the mini lipos a good idea, and any suggestions on mounting location. Question 2: does anyone have any experience with the G air system? I had always thought what a good idea it was and how you could probably tune your pressures with some degree of precision. My first impression upon use is.... THEY SUCK there's no way to be accurate it's all a matter of how fast you can plug the hole back. It's nearly impossible to get 4 tires to the same psi. Does anyone have any hints tips or tricks for making these things worth the cost or should I say forget it and stuff foams in them and roll. Any and all help or suggestions regarding setup, mods, upgrades, and the questions I asked are more than welcome
Dtomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

New Wraith with G-Air - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air Force Wraith JeeperDarren Axial Wraith 5 09-18-2013 08:30 AM
Axial Wraith & Hilux from air! Take a look Straffa Videos! 7 04-24-2013 09:35 PM