Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Unspung battery mount ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Unspung battery mount ?

On my Wraith the battery is now just in front of the transmission, above the upper link.
I would like to move it forward in order to have more weight on front axle and possibly lower, in order to improve stability. It is not easy because in the stock chassis there is no possibility to mount the battery transversely, while longitudinally there are interferences with the servo and the transmission cover. I remember I read a thread where somebody shrank the cover in order to gain space, but I cannot find it again, can you help ?

Finally I had the idea to mount the battery on a sort of skid plate connected to the lower links.

I made some photos to clarify what I would like to do, take in mind I used the rear axle because my front was in maintenance.

Obviously this way the battery is at the lowest position, which is good. The weight is forward biased (with the plate on front links as on the note above) which is my goal but it is 'unsprung' and I can't say it is a pros or cons. Besides the battery plate will scrub very much on obstacles.
Don't know how it can affect performances... I thought it was a no no, but recently I could see a Vaterra TwinHammer and it has a sort of skid between the rear lower links and it is reputed to be beneficial.

What do you think ?
Can you suggest other ways to relocate the battery in the front ?

Thanks
Filippo

Last edited by setecastronomy; 11-06-2014 at 05:27 AM.
setecastronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Unspung battery mount ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BWD Modular Servo Mount/Battery Tray/Adjustable Upper Link Mount billet works HPI Wheely King 18 07-05-2010 10:52 AM