Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Aftermarket springs question/thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #1

Default Aftermarket springs question/thread

I recently installed a lowering kit on my wraith and am currently waiting for my pan hard to show up since the frame bottoms out on the stock mounted servo. My question is I'm looking for more articulation in the axels so what would be a good length for this. Also what are you using?

photo image_zpsccfbf839.jpg

photo image_zps95c22650.jpg
Troublekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Aftermarket springs question/thread

I've found the stock kit springs, they are softer than RTR, to work very well. It depends on the weight of your rig. I run a similar setup as you with electronics and battery up front, it sits low with a sag/droop set up, 1/3 of shock travel left down and 2/3 up both front and rear. The springs need to carry the weight of your rig. I run the same Level3 lowering kit with Traxxas Bigbores on mine. Very satisfied with this setup. But the axle mounted servo still doesn't hit the frame. I'm not able to compress the rig fully , but it will articulate freely all length of the shocks bot front and rear.
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

I have the kit springs and didn't pay attention to detail when installing the diaphragm?( the black disk with holes) and have gone back and put larger ones to compress faster. I've been looking around ebay and here looking for info. Thanks for the input btw
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublekitty View Post
I recently installed a lowering kit on my wraith and am currently waiting for my pan hard to show up since the frame bottoms out on the stock mounted servo. My question is I'm looking for more articulation in the axels so what would be a good length for this. Also what are you using?
As was said, it depends on the rest of your vehicle setup so we can't just give you a length. If your front axle is anything like your rear the pinion is tilted up to much and this may be causing something to hit the linkage.

The diaphragm that you refer to in your next posting here is the shock piston.

I like your electronics box/esc forward mounting have not seen like that before. Anymore pics of how it's mounted?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

When looking at your pics a second time I'm willing to bet the servo will hit the radio box. As Natedog said, if you've clocked to front axle much forward you'll also mess things up.
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #6

I've already moved my esc to mid chassis and the reciever box back a bit too so to make room for my servo
Old 11-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post

I like your electronics box/esc forward mounting have not seen like that before. Anymore pics of how it's mounted?
No to explain it, I flipped the reciever box mount upside down and turned it forward. I only had one screw holding it to the mount but it never gave any problems. As for the esc I used the vertical mount and found a thicker screw to hold that to the mount also. I had to cut a little bit of the frame to make it all fit but that mod was free

Last edited by Troublekitty; 11-10-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

Aftermarket springs question/thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QUESTION: Aftermarket FLARES For Tamiya BRONCO????? KIRK! 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 11-16-2016 03:49 PM
Axial springs vs Losi springs question PowerCrazy General Crawlers 19 05-24-2011 05:51 PM
Colorado Springs Scale Thread! bmx_ican92 Colorado 13 12-26-2009 08:38 PM
Question concerning aftermarket B1R esc ASSASSINO Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 12-11-2009 10:32 PM
Aftermarket ESC/radio question LiftedSuzuki General Crawlers 14 06-07-2006 12:25 AM