Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial wraith questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial wraith questions

So I am getting a wraith spawn christmas

I want to get upgrades but including the car I do not want to go over 500 so what parts will I need I also want a waterproof motor esc combo brushed and a good battery ... Liek a goood one and is lowering the suspension worth it?
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Axial wraith questions

What are you planning on doing with your wraith crawling /bashing / mud trail ? Lowering helps with stability and less prone to tipping but reduces ground clearance. The motor that comes with the wraith isn't horrible. It's geared a little high and most recommend changing the gearing. I suggest reading the wraith sticky guide for all this info. The servo isn't the greatest I wore mine out in about 10 packs or so. The plastic in the suspension setup allows for a lot of flex / slop. It's a plus with durability because it helps absorb a lot of brutal impact. If you stay brushed 2 cell your drive shafts will last longer but go brushless /3 cell and u can hang the stock drive shafts up.
xsputnikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
20K Club

Read the stickies at the top of the section, they will answer all the questions you've been asking.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

K thanks and I want to trail and crawl and mud but enwvtually I'm gonna go brushless so I won't be able to go In water but its okay
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
K thanks and I want to trail and crawl and mud but enwvtually I'm gonna go brushless so I won't be able to go In water but its okay
You can go in water with brushless, I always have with no problems. As for your original ask, the motor and esc that comes with the spawn is water "resistant" so you should have no issues there. Invest in a good 2S lipo and charger.

I burned out the 20T that came in my wraith so I went down one tooth on the pinion ($5) and it seems to have helped a lot with motor temps.
SynisteR6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial wraith questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial wraith questions Mikael General Crawlers 4 11-29-2014 10:04 AM
New Axial Wraith questions. bobaloohoo Newbie General 7 08-25-2014 05:56 PM
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM
Axial Wraith stock ESC questions Robchinchilla Axial Wraith 2 01-11-2013 05:00 AM
Wraith Questions sullivanscx10 Axial Wraith 10 01-22-2012 09:14 AM