Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Dinky S-Link style servo mount and Hitec 7980

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Dinky S-Link style servo mount and Hitec 7980

Recently I bought a second hand Hitec 7980 and I would like to mount it on my Wraith. I like Dinky S-Link servo mount, I don't have one but I think it is not compatible with the 7980 huge dimensions.
Does anybody tried to settle the big Hitec on the longer tube of the Ax60 axle ?
Is it an insane idea ?
The risk is that after lots of work I will find there are too many interferences between the servo and all other parts.

Thanks
Filippo
setecastronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dinky S-Link style servo mount and Hitec 7980

Quote:
Originally Posted by setecastronomy View Post
Recently I bought a second hand Hitec 7980 and I would like to mount it on my Wraith. I like Dinky S-Link servo mount, I don't have one but I think it is not compatible with the 7980 huge dimensions.
Does anybody tried to settle the big Hitec on the longer tube of the Ax60 axle ?
Is it an insane idea ?
The risk is that after lots of work I will find there are too many interferences between the servo and all other parts.

Thanks
Filippo
Nice choice! Yes, the 7980 is quite larger than standard servos. When I still had my wraith (sold a long time ago), I had the 7980 on it. At first I was shocked at the size versus the old as-3 servo. It's a good servo but it's really large.

It might work with the Dinky mount..it may need some modding to fit. If you have a dreamel then use that and try to grind enough space for the servo. Good luck!
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Dinky S-Link style servo mount and Hitec 7980 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GC3 style link/servo/batt mount? johnnyh66 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 06-07-2011 03:41 PM