Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith wiring question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #1

Default Wraith wiring question

So i am new to rc and i have a wraith. I want to add a lot of acc to my rig and i am tring to figure out what parts i need and it all seems to be confusing me on how to wire them all in. I want a winch, a lighting system like the 3racing one, with all the stock lights. So i am confused on how to wire all this stuff up. Like i know that all the lights get plugged into the 3racing peice but where does the winch plug into? I have also heard of people running these off a s3cind battery and through a bec? all that wiring is confusing me. I want to be able to toggle all the lights from my contrkller as well. So i guess if someone kniws of were there is a digram of how to do this or someone could help walk me through it that would be awesome. Thanks all. if this is confusing sry typing from a tablet.
KustomKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wraith wiring question

Not familiar with the 3racing lights but if they're like the Axial set they plug into the receiver, on an Axial receiver there will usually be a CH1, CH3 & Batt port spare, any will do just make sure the red/black wires on the plug are the same way as the servo wires (usually the black closest to the edge of the receiver case)
Ditto most of the winch controllers plug into CH3 port on the receiver.
If you have only the RTR Axial radio system you'll be able to power that stuff but you won't be able to control any of it remotely (unless you have the RC4WD winch remote RC4WD Warn 1/10 Wireless Remote/Receiver Winch Controller Set) you'll need a 3/4/5 CH radio system for that.
Once you have the radio one of these HeyOk switches will allow you to turn them on/off remotely, you can plug in as many as you have spare CH ports on the radio (except the spare CH1, that's the steering) LEDs and Light Housings
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KustomKillz View Post
So i am new to rc and i have a wraith. I want to add a lot of acc to my rig and i am tring to figure out what parts i need and it all seems to be confusing me on how to wire them all in. I want a winch, a lighting system like the 3racing one, with all the stock lights. So i am confused on how to wire all this stuff up. Like i know that all the lights get plugged into the 3racing peice but where does the winch plug into? I have also heard of people running these off a s3cind battery and through a bec? all that wiring is confusing me. I want to be able to toggle all the lights from my contrkller as well. So i guess if someone kniws of were there is a digram of how to do this or someone could help walk me through it that would be awesome. Thanks all. if this is confusing sry typing from a tablet.
You need at least a 4 channel remote for what you are doing. You will also need a light controller to toggle the lights, as the 3racing system doesn't have that ability.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #4

I have a 4 channel remote. What light controller gives me the toggle option
Old 12-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have a 4 channel remote. What light controller gives me the toggle option
I can suggest some

Remote Switch For LED Lighting

Dual RC Switch for LED lighting or ?

I make other more complicated ones too. Click the link in my sig for more.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #6

Im still confused on how everything would connect. Does anyone have a diagram on how to hook this all up?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Not familiar with the 3racing lights but if they're like the Axial set they plug into the receiver, on an Axial receiver there will usually be a CH1, CH3 & Batt port spare, any will do just make sure the red/black wires on the plug are the same way as the servo wires (usually the black closest to the edge of the receiver case)
Ditto most of the winch controllers plug into CH3 port on the receiver.
If you have only the RTR Axial radio system you'll be able to power that stuff but you won't be able to control any of it remotely (unless you have the RC4WD winch remote RC4WD Warn 1/10 Wireless Remote/Receiver Winch Controller Set) you'll need a 3/4/5 CH radio system for that.
Once you have the radio one of these HeyOk switches will allow you to turn them on/off remotely, you can plug in as many as you have spare CH ports on the radio (except the spare CH1, that's the steering) LEDs and Light Housings

heyok makes awesome light controllers!! I have one in my SCX10 - works flawlessly and it has a very small footprint!!

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:25 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Im still confused on how everything would connect. Does anyone have a diagram on how to hook this all up?
I did a thread on the specifics of wiring LEDs:
How to wire LEDs

This will give you a little information about a method to connect a BEC:
No Brainer BEC

Also check the stickies in the electronics part of the forum.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Unless your making your own led strings, most of the light kits, axial, gear head/mad dog/VP light bars & the winch kits & the heyok controls are plug & play, male & female plugs where required, just plug them into the receiver
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith wiring question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BL wiring question idahorock Newbie General 1 12-20-2013 03:15 PM
CC BEC Wraith Wiring Question Pita Axial Wraith 4 04-23-2013 11:27 AM
Wiring Question Fiveology General Crawlers 17 11-04-2005 10:19 AM
Wiring Question!! wanabgts General Crawlers 1 09-05-2005 09:48 PM
wiring question K5koehrsen General Crawlers 1 08-28-2005 03:15 PM