Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: tires and foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default tires and foams

i have been running the proline tsl sx swamper for a while no complaints but ready to try something new christmas bonus time have been thinking about the pitt bull rock beast ll for a while now i see the tsl sxXL???? what do you guys who have run the pitt bulls think of them???? think I'm going with C.I. foams i do mostly crawling but some trail.
wyomingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: tires and foams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingcrawler View Post
i have been running the proline tsl sx swamper for a while no complaints but ready to try something new christmas bonus time have been thinking about the pitt bull rock beast ll for a while now i see the tsl sxXL???? what do you guys who have run the pitt bulls think of them???? think I'm going with C.I. foams i do mostly crawling but some trail.
The only reason I went for the PL TSL XL, is that I was told by a few locals that the pitbulls get clogged up with mud, and don't self clean the best. This is not great for me, as we keep getting snow and melt. Lots of mud and slick stuff. I get the xls tomorrow, and will probably give them a quick run.

Now mind you this is word of mouth at this point, I like the design of the pitbulls, but I will get a set in the spring probably..for my scx when I go get one.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
The only reason I went for the PL TSL XL, is that I was told by a few locals that the pitbulls get clogged up with mud, and don't self clean the best. This is not great for me, as we keep getting snow and melt. Lots of mud and slick stuff. I get the xls tomorrow, and will probably give them a quick run.

Now mind you this is word of mouth at this point, I like the design of the pitbulls, but I will get a set in the spring probably..for my scx when I go get one.
Thats what i was worried about with the pitts the tread just looks to close and i run into the same think with snow wet sand mud and so on in-between the rock piles but i cut the shit out of the middle tread on the tsl's for the same reason treads to close...
wyomingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Pitts work much better for me after cutting.

I cut everything but I truly gave this tire a shot un cut to see what all the hype was about. Yes they clogged with mud and didn't run better then the tsl.

The one advantage they do have is ground clearancr.

I realy like tall tires on narrow offset wheels. Realy helps the axles hang up noticeably less on rocks and steers easier.

I now look for tires I can mod into the type of tread design I like. They can all be improved on for each driving style or terrian.
I really like the voodoo tires for this they are made to mod for each user they aren't marketed to work the best for everyone right out of the box.

Last edited by evan03; 12-14-2014 at 11:18 AM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I run Pitts on my wraith and xl's on my wroncho. All around tire the tsl's are awesome! Mounting and keeping them on would be the only downfall I can see. I run then really hard though. I think the Pitts are a stronger tire but I'd do xl's
AWraith build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have both the tsl xl and rockbeast II, you really can't go wrong with either but I prefer the tsl's.
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote

tires and foams - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help....stock tires cut foams or no foams? Jcplante Redcat Crawlers 8 08-22-2011 07:32 AM
foams? Should all 4 tires and rims have foams? riz Newbie General 5 02-04-2010 10:49 PM