Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: MOA Wraith Build-Input, Advice Appreciated!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #1

Default MOA Wraith Build-Input, Advice Appreciated!

Ok, I've got a set of Bully 2s heading my way. I don't know if it's worth chopping up my one and only Wraith so I'm thinking of just locating another chassis and starting there. I've searched the threads but haven't found what I was really looking for. Can any of you guys that's actually built a MOA Wraith chime in and let me know what complications I may run into and what it actually takes to mount the axles to the chassis and get everything functioning. As of right now I have the Bully 2s w/65 turn RC4WD motors and a bunch of spare parts and wraith take offs. I'm planning on just building with one esc and motors in parralel to stay budget friendly until I get it built and all the bugs worked out. In the end I'm really wanting a dual brushless system. I have no experience with the Holmes brushless but imagine it's gotta be good but would I be better off with Holmes or a sensored system. I'm running MMP w/ Novak 17.5 in my wraith and couldn't ask for more as far as smoothness is concerned. I also have an M2 Dig system that came on my XR10 I can throw on.

So here's my main questions:
1 what's it take to fit Bully 2's on a wraith chassis, any mods I should be aware of?
2 what's your guys opinions on what system I should use? It's gonna be brushed starting out but if anybody with actual first hand knowledge of the Holmes Brushless could chime in that'd be awesome. Holmes or sensored 13.5s any and all options will be 3s powered
Dtomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #2
www.ottsix.com

Default Re: MOA Wraith Build-Input, Advice Appreciated!

You'll just need to figure out your links...might need to make your own
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #3

That's what I'm not sure about. One thread mentioned wraith links so I didn't know if aluminum wraith links would work or if I would need to make some or use something else
Old 01-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #4
RCC Addict

What do you want out of your wraith going moa?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
What do you want out of your wraith going moa?
I'm wanting a scaleish looking wraith with a little bit of attitude. My main use will be trailing/crawling on a variety of terrain. It will see mud and water. My main goal is to build something a little out of the box that performs and catches your eye. I'm hoping to improve over my somewhat stock wraiths crawling performance while maintaining similar speed and trail performance. Honestly I've been wanting to do this since the day I got my wraith. I'm not looking to build a pro comp rig just one bad ass basher.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Moa axels arent necessarily built for speed and bashing, but good luck with your project!

as for links your in a trail and error section for those. Make your own out of all thread to test
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Moa axels arent necessarily built for speed and bashing, but good luck with your project!

as for links your in a trail and error section for those. Make your own out of all thread to test
I'm not looking for break neck speeds, but I am shooting for a little bit of speed. I've seen a few of these builds on RCC. I was really hoping someone had some pics of the links they used. I'm just looking for examples to give me somewhere to start. This thing is gonna see most of it's time crawling/trailing. My axles have a few durability upgrades already so I guess I'll hope for the best and fix what breaks. I may be wrong but I really think I can improve upon my Wraiths abilities on the rocks. I've been going back and forth about my options for powering this thing. I know brushless would be nice but it's going to get expensive fast so I'm starting to lean towards using the M2 Dig I already have and some good motors.

MOA Wraith Build-Input, Advice Appreciated! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steering for crawling, and other advice appreciated therealrsr Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 08-08-2013 09:27 AM
Rubicon kit VS RTR - input appreciated fl0w3n Axial SCX-10 25 04-29-2013 02:16 PM
Lemme get some input.... MOA build scoutdawg General Crawlers 4 06-17-2009 08:27 AM
Noob atempt to build a comp ARTR all input is appreciated number1cop Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 07-04-2008 10:23 PM