Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: scotte's WraithBouncer Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #1

Default scotte's WraithBouncer Build

I've been into RC for a few years but always had RTR, so I figured the Wraith Kit would be a good place to start. Ordered up the kit about a year ago and a couple upgrades to throw on while I was building. STRC steering links, Axial Light kit, and a Futaba servo that I thought would be good enough to play around with for a while, I threw in a Traxxas XL5 and 20 Turn Axial Motor, with a RC4WD Rx/Tx I had kicking around, well I was wrong. Turns out STRC steering links doesent come with rod ends, so being pretty new at fiddling they didn't turn out the way I wanted so they got put into the tool box. The rest of the kit went together perfect, I found the Axial instructions very easy to follow.

Here she is in all her stock glory, not for long!

After pooching the Futaba servo and stock dog bones on the second or third pack I figured it was onto the trusty Traxxas 2075, and my friend suggested AsiaTees for Axial parts and I didn't know any better went ahead and ordered TopCad full link set, "HD" CVD's and Alum steering knuckles chubs and lockouts. They came about a week later and got installed, everything was shakey and felt cheap. Ran it like that for probably 5 packs when the motor and driveshafts shit the bed on the same run so the upgrades began.

Picked up a Holmes Hobbies BRXL and a 35t Torquemaster, some MIP's and some 110mm kings. Along with this haul came some Proline Chisels and Proline Beadlocs, theres also a Blue Monkey Trailing Arm kit in there somewhere too haha.

She was a beauty after that, 2075 was holding up, Holmes system had plenty of juice but I found the Kings were just too springy, so they got swapped back for the original shocks. Heres a pic with BMRC kit with Kings and a short lived Fast Back mod

Next haul was HD gears, Castle Link and BEC for the Holmes system to power the new Savox 1283 servo. And some Vanquish goodies.

Next haul came with some BGR goodies, full Vanquish 10pc link kit, and some RC4WD scale parts just for the looks haha

Didn't bother painting the cage or the stinger and threw it on to see if everything lined up. Had a big box come in the mail during the process too!

With the Moody Special cage, Yeti Rad, Dual Shocks and Fuel Cell all mounted up.

Was looking at the stock body panels and wanted more of a KOH look so I fabbed up some custom panels out of alum, they wrap around the front and back to help protect battery and electronics. Also picked up a Dinky RC "scoops" hood

And of course gotta have a classic flex shot haha

Figured the HD gears and steel tranny gears needed a few friends so I went ahead and picked up everything to bomb proof the tranny, SuperShaftys site and Harleys videos on YouTube are your friend, very informative and easy to follow, Thank you Harley!

Beauty aint she!

After playing around with the Yeti a bit I found the Hub replacements and sized up the rear outputs and found the were the perfect size for the wraith. Also picked up some truck bed liner and blasted the cage and stinger to make it match the stock black cage. Also I had to use the Yeti's BFG Krawlers, which I'm pretty impressed with, gonna have to pick up a set of R35's.

And here is where I'm at. Those new centered Curries are looking awful good for the rear so when I see them in stock again there goes another couple hundred bucks haha big plans still though, Vanquish Scale Chubs and Knuckles, Uni's, Lockers, and Custom parts!! Then theres a Yeti and SCX to build up, I love it!

And since its winter here in Alberta I saw a construction pit with freshly dug up rocks and had to sneak back and grab a few haha, got a little bit out of hand but now I have my own little crawler/tester rocks for the long winter haha just a teaser

scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #2

Default Re: scotte's WraithBouncer Build

PM sent
FortCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: scotte's WraithBouncer Build

Welcome to the addiction. Best thing to do is get your wife and kids addicted too, no complaints then as your collection of parts and etc grow!
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote

scotte's WraithBouncer Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM