Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: 4ws spawn build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 4ws spawn build

This isn't mine, I'm building this for a friend.

He started with a poison spider wraith and did vp links, chubs, knuckles and lockouts. Installed uni's and some xl swampers. Also it was out fitted with a rc4wd ax2 transmission.

From there he really wanted to do a 4ws setup. He picked up a used wraith (kinda hacked) that had vp housings and all the goodies to go in them. Hd hearing and some hr spools also had a rc4wd trans as well. (Sorry no pics of the rig)

But ever since the spawn came out he was in love with the body. So he went out and picked up a chassis/body combo and some scaler fab items.

Parts List:

Electronics

HH BRXL WP
HH Crawlmaster motor
2x HH servo
Castle 20amp BECs
Solar servo (shift servo)
Futaba 4px

Drivetrain

Rc4wd AX2
MIP drive shafts
VP OCP housing front/rear
Beeftubes front/rear
Vp chubs and knuckles front/rear
Axial Universals front/rear
HD gears front/rear
HH spools front/rear

Other

Vp Titanium links
Vp Steering links front/rear
Vp truss front
Dinky link rear
Gmade shocks
VP methods
PL TSL XLs
CI 6.0 DDs

Let's start with the scaler fab stuff. Everything fit great and looks amazing except i got 2 left sides on the sliders... (Which reminds me I need to contact them about switching that out)

Here it sits...waiting to tear the axles down. Bearings and a bunch of other parts on the way.

The previous owner packed the snot out of the axles. I went through and cleaned them out well along with the spools, gears, and the other aluminum goodies.

Also got the new shocks built today. Think these should be a good fit on this rig. They are gmade...

802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 4ws spawn build

Good lookin start! I like the vp stuff
TwistedMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMetal View Post
Good lookin start! I like the vp stuff

Thanks! Had a lot of influence with this build. The VP was all him haha. But items like wheel wideners and beef tubes I showed him and let him decide.

Goal was to try to get a lot of unsprung weight. He's been eyeing DLux knuckles as well. Gonna stretch the rear axle out a hair as well so she will climb better. With the 4ws shouldn't be a problem being a little longer
Old 01-25-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sorry haven't updated this in a while. Between work and waiting for parts not much got done.

Beeftubes are installed, sorry no pics. But I had to expand the "notched" portions to get everything to fit correctly.

Also got the 2 speed trans rebuilt. The previous owner must of used a tube of lock tight on this thing!!

And I'm glad I went through it cause the stuff in there was nasty!

Here it is all set waiting for the motor (should be tomorrow) it now has cowrc udder butter and all stainless hardware.

More to come soon....
Old 01-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Comm'n man, put washers under the shift servo mounting bolts before you buddy cracks the case while doing insane 4ws doughnuts and powershifting into second mid rotation. Or, maybe I'm just paronoid.

Tell me there will be 4ws doughnut vids!

How are you liking your super spiffy work mat?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Comm'n man, put washers under the shift servo mounting bolts before you buddy cracks the case while doing insane 4ws doughnuts and powershifting into second mid rotation. Or, maybe I'm just paronoid.

Tell me there will be 4ws doughnut vids!

How are you liking your super spiffy work mat?

I think I'm swapping that servo out...no need for 300oz for a shift servo.

Knowing Chad...yes this thing will be beat lol.

Work mat is amazing!!! Only thing is I'm not sure if I like the foam walls or not. It's nice to contain the ss screws and such but cleaning it is a pain. If I did it over again I would probably do a flat may and have a separate parts tray they carry.

I also just picked up the 1.5, 2, 2.5mm drivers from Lockedup rc. I would suggest them to anyone.

Electronics, wheel wideners for the methods, and the foams should all be here tomorrow. Won't be wrenching again until Tuesday. Helping the parents Sheetrock tomorrow. Yay!! Haha
Old 01-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Got some work done today on the wraith. I'll let the pics do the talking. Still need to go through and fine tune items like caster angle and steering.

4ws spawn build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to RC: Beginner Wraith Spawn Build cornbreadfarts Newbie General 32 03-23-2015 02:04 AM
Bikeboy 4ws (4 wheel steering) Wraith build bikeboy Axial Wraith 7 01-11-2014 07:47 AM
Video - Wraith Kit Build with 4WS BENDER Scale Videos! 21 02-18-2012 10:16 PM
Spawn of Violator's XR-10 build The Violator Axial XR10 21 10-11-2011 07:17 AM
my 4ws tuber mrc build *time lapse video ! NeXt559 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 18 06-13-2009 02:34 AM