Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: G-transition droop travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #1

Default G-transition droop travel

Just put some Junfac G-transitions on my wraith in the droop set-up and notice that there is only about 8mm of shock shaft visible, is this normal, is this a usable amount?
truebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: G-transition droop travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebrit View Post
Just put some Junfac G-transitions on my wraith in the droop set-up and notice that there is only about 8mm of shock shaft visible, is this normal, is this a usable amount?
Yes it is. I run the same shocks on my 11# wraith in full droop suspension setup. The reason being is the shocks are fully compressed at static height, you will have 0 uptravel and a ton of down travel. So in other words the weight of the axles will allow the shock to drop the suspension and hug the rocks or whatever terrain your crawling over. It's typically not a popular setup for the wraith guys that like speed and some crawling, but my setup is strictly for rock crawling at very low speeds so it fits my driving style. Try it both ways and see what you like, I run full droop with lowering kit and my links are level with the skid.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote

G-transition droop travel - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gmade G transition half droop BM0243 Axial SCX-10 4 10-28-2013 07:50 AM
Droop or no droop + give me some ideas jeepnvinny Tamiya CR-01 9 07-02-2013 11:40 PM
cc01 with droop setup=lots of rear travel nosyajg Tamiya XC/CC01 8 04-17-2011 02:46 AM
first attempt at a semi-droop/droop Hi-Po Stomper Newbie General 14 06-28-2009 05:07 AM
My Clod project so almost finished BUT... Droop or not to Droop?(pics) craigrobbo Tamiya Clod Buster 9 03-08-2009 10:47 AM