Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Will this shocks fit the Wraith rock racer???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Will this shocks fit the Wraith rock racer???

Hi, can anyone please tell me if this shocks from ebay fit my wraith??

112mm Aluminum Shock Absorber Set for RC Rock Crawlers D90 SCX10 4pcs | eBay

Our this ones, but I think they are too short

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Piggy-Bac...86598668&rt=nc

Regards

Last edited by PSH72; 02-14-2015 at 09:53 AM.
PSH72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Will this shocks fit the Wraith rock racer???

yeah any shock will fit but it depends on the ride height you want and how long the shock will last. RC crawler shocks are kinda hit and miss on quality.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Can't speak of the quality of the shocks you listed, but just like the post above it depends on ride height & stance.

I personally think they are both too tall. I run 93mm King Off Road shocks. The Short Course FR ones. I love the stance and get 5 1/4" of flex.

You should consider a shock with a large volume of oil for the Wraith.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well lets just say if your going to get the 112mm length shocks your wraith will sit taller than stock and will experience more frequent roll overs especially while turning. I believe the factory length shocks are 105mm? Depends on your application with your rig, fast speed and jumping sure you will want a firmer shock, trailing and crawling most definitely a much softer setup. If you do get the 112mm set I would read " Harleys " thread on front and rear shock mount location setup to get the ride height lowerd, if not then invest in a drop kit by CKRC, Gear Head, and or Level3. Not expensive at all and will get you a much lower center of gravity. If you chose the later of the 2 shock setup there are much better NAME brand shocks out there for the same price, You could buy one of the most popular shocks that people use such as Proline power strokes, Gmade, King, Hot Racing etc. Try to stay away from the cheapo no name brands. Trust me for the price of the second set you were asking about, the brands I have mentioned are far superior than those you are inquiring about. Goodluck man.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would like too have a setup far crawling and trailling, But have too remember that my wraith rock racer is just the frame and transmission, the axles and tires are from a maverick scout that I had, but since I was in love with the wraith I bouth the frame.

The big problem is That Im from Portugal, and here there arenīt a lot ofstores our stuf were I can buy, and were it is is more that twice the price that you guys have in the states.

Most of my stufe I buy from ebay and why... because the shipment cost is cheaper and in case that its goes to customs its not to expensive.

Even with my Baja 5B when I buy from USA the shipment is more than the cost of the product.

How I would love to live in USA

Sorry for my bad Ingles
Old 02-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

The Associated shocks I'm using on the Wraith are 113mm OAL (OverAll Length) 104mm center to center with the long Axial rod ends installed.

The Stock Wraith kit shocks built per the instructions are 113mm OAL and 104mm center-to-center. Part of the problem with the Axial shocks is limited range of travel (26mm) compared the aftermarket shocks available. I'm getting 33mm travel with the Associated shocks.

The 112mm you linked are a little longer than stock Axial kit shocks and the 107mm are a little shorter. With the longer shocks you can use the drop/droop kits to reduce ride height.

Axial Wraith Aluminum Shock Lift or Drop Droop Kit w Screws by AMF AW 015 | eBay

Axial Wraith Shock Drop or Droop Kit Lower Your Wraith Scale RC Truck | eBay
Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
The Associated shocks I'm using on the Wraith are 113mm OAL (OverAll Length) 104mm center to center with the long Axial rod ends installed.

The Stock Wraith kit shocks built per the instructions are 113mm OAL and 104mm center-to-center. Part of the problem with the Axial shocks is limited range of travel (26mm) compared the aftermarket shocks available. I'm getting 33mm travel with the Associated shocks.

The 112mm you linked are a little longer than stock Axial kit shocks and the 107mm are a little shorter. With the longer shocks you can use the drop/droop kits to reduce ride height.

Axial Wraith Aluminum Shock Lift or Drop Droop Kit w Screws by AMF AW 015 | eBay

Axial Wraith Shock Drop or Droop Kit Lower Your Wraith Scale RC Truck | eBay
So if the secound ones are sorter could it be possible to do the drop the other way round so it could lift a bit, I just asking this because the shourt one are piggy shocks are they better our not?
Old 02-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Yes, the kit below can be used for more lift or drop/droop. It's the same kit as the first one linked above, just has more pictures of the kit installed for lift and drop.

Axial Wraith 1 inch 32mm Optional Lift or Drop Droop Kit with Hardware | eBay

I'm not 100% sure about the other kit I linked, it may not be able to provide lift.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

103mm gmade is the tallest I would go...
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Well I have to get ones that are shorter than the stock wrait since my axles are from a maveric scout and shock mount are a little higher than the stock .
Old 02-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

The Scout axles I could find are similar to the SCX10 axles, with the shocks mounted beside the lower links and about even with the horizontal center of the axle. The Wraith shocks mount above the lower link and are a little higher on the axle housing, sitting above the horizontal center of the axle. You would actually need little longer shock to keep the same ride height and suspension travel as the factory Wraith. The lift kit could also compensate for the shorter shocks and probably still have the same travel as the stock Wraith.

But that's judging by the axles I could find pictures of, you may have a different set than what I could locate.

If you're able to post a picture or two of your axles it may help narrow down a shock length for your specific application.

Last edited by Eric0424; 02-14-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #12
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
103mm gmade is the tallest I would go...
The 103mm length on GMade is measured from center to center also, so thery're probably 110-114mm in OAL. They're roughly the same length as the stock Wraith shocks and AE shocks I'm using but with a little more travel (31mm) than stock Wraith (26mm) and a little less than the AE (33mm). If you remove the rubber bumper from the GMade.

Of course with all the different length rod ends Axial includes with some of their kits you can change the length of most shocks.

Will this shocks fit the Wraith rock racer??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Rock Racer POV evan03 Axial Wraith 0 12-27-2012 08:10 PM
TLT rock racer/basher shocks jdb1986 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 07-06-2008 05:32 PM
Project make it fit rock racer SACCO 1.9 Scale Rigs 25 03-15-2008 08:17 AM