Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Rigid Industries 5’ LED Light Bar. Are they all like this?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
PSW
Rock Stacker

Default Vanquish Rigid Industries 5’ LED Light Bar. Are they all like this?!

Firstly, Ill put this here because I have a wraith and it was bought for my wraith. Mods if in the wrong section I'm sorry.

So I got my RPP order today, 7 days from USA to UK, Nice! not so nice was the £30 import charges but thats not RPP’s fault at all. Well packaged and everything was in that I ordered, plus a nice little RPP sticker.

My order included a Vanquish Rigid Industries 5’ LED Light Bar as well as Vanquish scale chubs & knuckles and some other Vanquish parts, I’ll be focusing on the 5’ LED bar in this post.

so here it is, At 1st glance you may notice 2 LED’s are quite badly placed. They should be straight, not at an angle.

Next you may notice the grimy sticky sludge type layer all across the LED bar, most prominent from the left side lessening towards the far right right with a lot of dirt/markings underneath the waterproof gel coating. But the worst part is the very left LED is damaged and is poking through the gel layer, I can feel its edge, rough & sharp. The left side edge of the gel layer is also damaged.

a closer look

Now please correct me if I’m wrong but WTF! this is supposed to be a premium licensed product. I mean seriously these are the worst LED strips i have EVER seen. How did it pass QC! Are they all like this?

“High Quality Aftermarket Accessories” is what the Vanquish tag says. Really doesn’t seem like it to me, am I wrong here or what? I’ve had cheap china stuff way better than this.

It p*sses me off because I can’t send it back as it will cost me to much, Ive already paid the import charges so sending it back and then paying import charges again on a replacement is just shooting myself in the foot.

I just wanted to vent this because Im pretty much stuck with it now, Im not even going to attempt to connect this to my battery, I don’t trust it.

Scale chubs and scale knuckles are very nice though, but i’m still mad and really disappointed Vanquish!

Not happy.
PSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vanquish Rigid Industries 5’ LED Light Bar. Are they all like this?!

Contact RPP about it. They stand behind their merchandise.

I'd connect it to a battery and see if it lights up, better to know for sure than not know at all.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vanquish Rigid Industries 5’ LED Light Bar. Are they all like this?!

does it work?
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I would contact VP directly via email or in their vendor section here so they know there is an issue.
It's possible they can send you a new LED array insert & save all that time & expense cross shipping it back & forth.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
PSW
Rock Stacker

I've sent RPP an email when I first posted just to ask for some help but it's not RPP's fault. RPP wouldn't have noticed it through the packaging and neither should they have to check so closely. I just wanted to make that clear as RPP is not at fault in any way.

I've not connected or stripped/prepped the wiring of the LED bar as I want to keep it unused as it arrived. Even if it worked, how long before it went out or worse?

I'll email vp but I'm guessing I'll be left short unless they really show some support and help me out.

It's frustrating as I want the vp curries and omfs next but this has put concern on future purchases.

Last edited by PSW; 02-25-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

We will be getting in touch with VP on your behalf. I am not sure if the concerns with cosmetics are going to be an issue of proper functionality of the lights. We will have to let VP be the deciding factor there. Will be calling and E mailing them tomorrow.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Also please do not have any concerns with purchasing any VP products as they do stand behind their products.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:42 PM   #8
PSW
Rock Stacker

Thank you RPP I appreciate the help. I'm not sure on functionality of the LEDs in this state either which is why I'm not running them.

Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

vp has good customer service. Plug it in your super pissed and you don't even know if it works. unless you mount that thing under the roof real hidden its gonna get scratched to hell the housing and the led strip. I bash the shit out of mine so I take the lightbars apart and put heat shrink on the wries all the way through where they go into the light bar. Last bar I worked on I rushed and broke a wire had to resolder the wire to the back of the strip and when I reassembled it I tore a hole in the gel coat like your has. Still works just fine when out in the rain with my son the other day. VP makes the bar but the lil led strip is the same as the sticky smd led strips from autozone. All they need to do is send you a new strip you just unscrew one of the ends and pull the led strip out. super easy.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Please send Vp a email and we will get it fixxed for you
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #11
PSW
Rock Stacker

Thanks vp will send you email, it's 4am here in London so I'll email later this morning after coffee.

Only reason I havn't used it is to keep warranty etc and show that it's not self inflicted.

Yes it will get scratches in time I'm sure but I stick to my view of it should be perfect out of the factory door.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:21 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Wow! a 5 ft. Light bar??? That seems a little big for an RC...

Last edited by thirdeye; 02-26-2015 at 01:28 AM.
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:24 AM   #13

I have two vanquish led bars a 4" and a 2" and both of them have the same problems from right out of the package
Jeepalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:25 AM   #14
PSW
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
Wow! a 5 ft. Light bar??? That seems a little big for an RC...
A typo, Thanks for pointing that out.. my " & ' are on the same button. Im sure most people know what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepalive View Post
I have two vanquish led bars a 4" and a 2" and both of them have the same problems from right out of the package
Give VP an email, hopefully they will take care of you. Seems senseless to me that the overall workmanship of the product is very good, let down by a very cheap strip of LED's. I'd have a word with the guy putting the strips in if it were my product going out the door.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:53 AM   #15
RCC Addict

I feel your pain. I bought VP axles from the US and they are poor. But like you the cost of Customs charges etc has left me no option but to bodge them and spend more on other parts to rectify the poor manufacturing. Confidence dented. RRP are great though. Items get to the UK in no time....then spend an age sat in Customs. :(
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #16
PSW
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
I feel your pain. I bought VP axles from the US and they are poor. But like you the cost of Customs charges etc has left me no option but to bodge them and spend more on other parts to rectify the poor manufacturing. Confidence dented. RRP are great though. Items get to the UK in no time....then spend an age sat in Customs. :(
Hope they weren't the curries were they? I wanted them and OMF or method wheels next.

Good to see a Manchester Lad on here, I was born and raised in Manchester
Old 02-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Thanks. No these were the OCP axles. Steer clear of them.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #18
PSW
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks. No these were the OCP axles. Steer clear of them.
will do mate, thanks for the heads up
Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Its the same with being in Canada... I feel your pain. By the time I ship something back for warranty... Im generally 30% off of new prices unless Im dealing with full size car parts over 500$ type of deal.
lsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I have 2 wraiths one for me and one for my son. We both love the vanquish stuff and iam putting the silver stuff on mine and the black stuff on his. The currie axles are tight and fit together well. I am a picky son of a bitch when it comes to spending money on aftermarket parts. I have a black and silver centered rear axles and just got my son the black currie front. Really nice axles just make sure you take your time putting them together.
A quick tip i found is that their tolerances are so tight that i run a screw through each hole to make sure all the threads are nice and clean before assembly. Makes it less likey you will strip something

Also you can fix the slop in the axles on the old school ocp ones from vp with the clamping scale chubs.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish Rigid Industries 5’ LED Light Bar. Are they all like this?! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: MORE LED module for Vanquish Rigid Industries LED light bars JasonInAugusta Electronics 29 04-04-2014 08:29 AM
Rigid industries Ligth bar into G6 light rack Hotrodvw Axial SCX-10 1 03-01-2014 06:52 PM
Rigid industries LED light bar from VP Mike McLeod Axial SCX-10 3 12-27-2012 01:33 AM