Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith knuckles bearing slop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraith knuckles bearing slop

I have excessive slop in the front wraith knuckles. I have the Axial aluminum wraith knuckles/chubs. While driving I noticed it more now these parts have a few years of abuse in them. What is everyone's thoughts? New bearings? I checked them out and they seem ok, spin fine etc. I have thought of putting a few shims between the axle pin and outer bearing. Any ideas?

CrawlCrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wraith knuckles bearing slop

From my experience I get slop where the c-hub attaches to the axle housing. The screws there work their way loose, and lets them wobble around. Also, check the bushings between the knuckle and the c-hub. Known wear spot.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I have found the brass? inserts where the knuckles mounts to the C-hub actually wear the aluminum. All my alloy knuckles have slop in that area. Poor grade material. :(

There are the ones on my SCX!

Last edited by o0wiz0o; 02-26-2015 at 03:04 AM.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:20 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I have had my No slop knuckle bushings not more than 2 months on my Wraith seems already worn out. I wonder why these No slop knuckle bushings got slop so fast?

It could be the weight of my Wraith was too heavy?
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

It may not be the bushings like stated above by sevastra but the actual knuckle wearing out. I find I have to check the c-hub screws all the time to ensure they're tight
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #6

old thread but still relevant, i have a wraith with a lot of slop in the connection between the c-hubs and the knuckle. I have upgraded aluminum hub/knuckle, not sure what brand. There is a black bushing in there, maybe plastic, i'm not sure but whatever it is, it's not enough to take up all the slack. I suppose it's not a race car so it doesn't really matter that much, but it kind of bothers me. Is there any solution?
TroySmith80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroySmith80 View Post
old thread but still relevant, i have a wraith with a lot of slop in the connection between the c-hubs and the knuckle. I have upgraded aluminum hub/knuckle, not sure what brand. There is a black bushing in there, maybe plastic, i'm not sure but whatever it is, it's not enough to take up all the slack. I suppose it's not a race car so it doesn't really matter that much, but it kind of bothers me. Is there any solution?
https://dluxfab.ecwid.com/#!/No-slop...egory=12405705
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
Are these the same as quoted below? Not very confidence inspiring. 🤔
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
I have had my No slop knuckle bushings not more than 2 months on my Wraith seems already worn out. I wonder why these No slop knuckle bushings got slop so fast?

It could be the weight of my Wraith was too heavy?
TroySmith80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The no slop bushings do wear the aluminum knuckles, which sucks. I eventually went to Dlux knuckles which solved my wheel bearing, axle shaft (going to the 8mm stub shafts at same time), and kingpin bushing issues all at once. Not cheap, but they've been abused for years now and the kingpin bearings have just a hair of play, and rust has taken out one wheel bearing. For me that's phenomenal, as I was breaking axial universals almost monthly, and trashing wheelbearings in just a few packs, plus worn out multiple sets of aluminum knuckles at the kingpin bores.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

ive been running cheap extra peed bushings they light duty so they ware before the aluminum i just replace them when things get sloppy also cheap aluminum wares alot faster than quality aluminum and bushings are cheaper than knuckles and c hubs
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:53 AM   #11

I’ve been using vanquish brass bushings and have never had an issue except for normal wear! And that’s after a year or so of driving a lot, but no wear on the chubs or knuckles, but my rigs are all light as possible..
1st pass tommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith knuckles bearing slop - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excessive Slop in steering knuckles CDN_Crippler RC4WD Trail Finder 2 8 11-24-2012 09:16 AM
VP knuckles / bearing fit calikingcrawler Axial XR10 14 01-30-2011 03:10 PM
lots of slop in my knuckles romulus22 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 11-19-2009 08:24 PM
bearing install on knuckles canadianjeeper Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 11-15-2007 04:22 PM