RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Wraith RTR question (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/527941-wraith-rtr-question.html)

RockBiter 03-01-2015 07:02 PM

Wraith RTR question

I'm getting Wraith rtr, basically stock except some running gear upgrades and has been ran on nimh batteries. I got a Venom 2s 4000 lipo for it already as I have read here that a 2s Lipo is best for a stock axial as it won't fry the electronics or motor., I won't have a users manual so my question is are there any dip switches in the ESC or anything I need to flip on the stock electronics to run a Lipo?, or just plug and play?

Eric0424 03-01-2015 07:31 PM

Re: Wraith RTR question

Should be able to get the manuals you need from Axial, most are available for download on the specific product(s) page.

allanon1965 03-01-2015 07:32 PM

have a look here....

Axial Racing - instructions

Bugglass 03-01-2015 07:41 PM

At that link, it says the AE2 has the lipo mode set to on from the factory. If you're not sure, get a castle link or borrow one to check for sure. Better safe than sorry.

RockBiter 03-03-2015 04:12 PM

Thanks all three of you"thumbsup"

bhmike 03-03-2015 04:50 PM

I run 2s lipo on my stock spawn . Works great

RockBiter 03-03-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhmike (Post 5164531)
I run 2s lipo on my stock spawn . Works great

But this one has been run a little bit on Nimh, I'm guessing adjustments need made to switch back to Lipo? I have no idea, well I have some but I'm going to call the guys at my local shop tomorrow. They are pretty Axial smart, and Traxxas smart, they should do up their site a little better though, they have a mammoth selection parts for Axial and Traxxas, tons of tires and wheels also and they pretty much have e-bay pricing sometimes cheaper, I gotta give it up to Tom & Giggs in Coos Bay Or. "thumbsup"

Zad2k 03-03-2015 11:01 PM

There are actually 2 different ESC's that have come in the RTR Wraiths, the original RTR and the Poison Spyder come with the AE-2 and the Spawn comes with the AE-5. Just be sure to look up the correct instructions for your speed control. Also you should be able to program the Castle AE-2 without the castle link, it's just going to be more complicated.

bhmike 03-03-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad2k (Post 5164842)
There are actually 2 different ESC's that have come in the RTR Wraiths, the original RTR and the Poison Spyder come with the AE-2 and the Spawn comes with the AE-5. Just be sure to look up the correct instructions for your speed control. Also you should be able to program the Castle AE-2 without the castle link, it's just going to be more complicated.

Good call . Mine is the ae-5 . Can take a pic of the settings if you need

Jrgunn5150 03-04-2015 06:16 AM

Unless I'm way off, the only thing making it "LiPo" ready is the cutoff isn't it? Stock the AE-2 is set to auto, you can change it to none... It probably wasn't messed with, however, here's a link to program it back to stock, http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...e_AE-2_ESC.pdf

Maru 03-04-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhmike (Post 5164856)
Good call . Mine is the ae-5 . Can take a pic of the settings if you need

with the AE-5 it is even easier to switch to LIPO mode. Have a look at the axial blog for more information.

tatersalad 03-04-2015 07:30 AM

I have a Wraith Spawn RTR. Started off running Nimh, switched to 2s lipo. All I did was move the jumper on the AE-5 ESC from nimh to lipo, didn't have to do anything else.

Works like a charm

Horton1 03-05-2015 01:19 AM

My spawn and my son's rtr wraith both came set for lipo's from factory. "thumbsup"

theficitguy 03-09-2015 10:06 PM

I run my wraith with 2s lipos great. When I bought it used I went ahead and bought the castle link to make sure it was in lipo mode.