Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New wraith kit w/ new FXR.. sell FXR and get BRXL?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New wraith kit w/ new FXR.. sell FXR and get BRXL?

Im not sure whats the best idea. In addition to my other fast 1/8, 1/5 and newly acquired SCX10 that got me addicted to crawling, I just bought a new wraith kit with a new Tekin FXR and 35T motor for pretty cheap. Should I keep the FXR and build my new setup as is. Or as I was thinking, just selling the FXR/motor and then putting in like $70 more and buying a Holmes BRXL waterproof and TorqueMaster Pro 35T? And then be good to go forever, with my Wraith with BRXL/Pro35T Hand wound for less than the cost of a RTR Wraith.

Or even just put the FXR into my SCX10 and just spend the 170 and get the BRXL+Pro35t?

@#$%! Axial got me addicted now and confused on where to drop even more money.
savageasflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2015, 01:50 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New wraith kit w/ new FXR.. sell FXR and get BRXL?

Tough questions!

If you intend to keep the SCX10 and the Electronics in it are sub par then I'd put the FXR in that and get the BRXL for the Wraith.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:10 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
Tough questions!

If you intend to keep the SCX10 and the Electronics in it are sub par then I'd put the FXR in that and get the BRXL for the Wraith.
Its hard for me to let an RC go so im definitely keeping the SCX10 and i run it on 2s with the stock AE-2 ESC havent had any problems yet, but I know ive really wanted to try out the Holmes BRXL and Pro motor recently after reading around here so much, I want to be able get my truck super muddy, drive in creeks, etc, in addition to crawling around house and rocky trails.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The AE-2 is good actually. Much better than the newer ESC's Axial use. I run the AE-2 in my Wraith with a Castle BEC on 2/3s. It's over 3 years old now, had had a lot of use and is still trucking!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageasflux View Post
Im not sure whats the best idea. In addition to my other fast 1/8, 1/5 and newly acquired SCX10 that got me addicted to crawling, I just bought a new wraith kit with a new Tekin FXR and 35T motor for pretty cheap. Should I keep the FXR and build my new setup as is. Or as I was thinking, just selling the FXR/motor and then putting in like $70 more and buying a Holmes BRXL waterproof and TorqueMaster Pro 35T? And then be good to go forever, with my Wraith with BRXL/Pro35T Hand wound for less than the cost of a RTR Wraith.

Or even just put the FXR into my SCX10 and just spend the 170 and get the BRXL+Pro35t?

@#$%! Axial got me addicted now and confused on where to drop even more money.
Tekin FXR is great in my Wraith and SCX, tiny size, reliable, can run up to six cells with proper capacitory, easy to program with buttons or Tekin Hotwire via PC.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
The AE-2 is good actually. Much better than the newer ESC's Axial use. I run the AE-2 in my Wraith with a Castle BEC on 2/3s. It's over 3 years old now, had had a lot of use and is still trucking!
So the AE-2 is better than say the newer waterproof AE-5, i was possibly gonna put that in my SCX10 if the AE-2 ever dies.

Thanks for great input, i think ill just keep the FXR as spare ESC for my crawlers most likely and buy the BRXL for the wraith. FXT will get tossed in my spare expensive ESC bin with MM2s and XL2s.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Yeah. The AE-2 is Castle Creations. The newer one is a Chinese piece of junk. Haha.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yeah. The AE-2 is Castle Creations. The newer one is a Chinese piece of junk. Haha.
Thanks, ill skip the chinese junk. FXR sounds like a good spare.

New wraith kit w/ new FXR.. sell FXR and get BRXL? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin FXR or HH BRXL? Unfadingpyro Electronics 17 03-17-2013 08:12 PM