Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wraith wroadster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default wraith wroadster?

here's my humble wraith.I changed all links, servo,motor,pinion,tires,made my own battery relocation plate,added a bec,removed the roof, and hood, cut off the windshield and re-attached it with double sided adhesive to the frame.i am currently waiting on my dmg cage to be built, then I will modify, and mount the hood.once some of the snow melts I will be able to do some crawling.thanks for looking.
flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: wraith wroadster?

Looking good! You've got the bases covered right at the start, should be a solid rig.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Cant wait to see the DMG cage, which stiffy kit did you go with? I'm gonna have them fab me a stock style chassis kit in raw aluminum finish just because I like the full cage look, and run it without the roof panel. That should look pretty cool I think. Did you get an estimated time of completion for the stiffy build?
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

thanks sevastra, I've done a lot of reading, and tried to cover the basics.revoasian, when I first contacted dmg he said 14 days.it ended up being a few more, I just sent payment, so I will update when I hear back how long it will actually take to build, then ship. I went with the full cage also, I like the look too. I am going to do a couple more small things to set mine apart, but remain topless.the snow is beginning to melt here, so I hope to get some wheel time within a week.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

That's a great look with the roof cut off! Can you show how you've got the hood attached and how it's lined up?
Boover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

thanks boover.i haven't finished the hood yet. i'm getting a dmg stiffy kit cage and front shock drop brakcets, so once I get everything mounted i'll have to cut holes in the hood for the shock mounts, so i'm waiting.and I still have to get the mounts for the hood to pin the hood down.but I will post more pix when I get there.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

well, a month later, guess I should post some more pix, huh?got my dmg cage and droop mounts on, then added under drive gears f&r, had trouble with the stock plastic hubs, so added vanquish hubs,saw the post about the tummy tuck and tore back into it to do that mod also.almost have it back together now.have to trim the spur gear cover mount plate to clear the interior, and am eliminating the rear lower cage where the stock battery mount was.will post pix asap.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:36 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Cool, cant wait to see the pics. I too completed the install of my DMG Long Back SK and I LOVE it. I decided to not go with the replacement style top cage as mentioned earlier. I wanted the fastback jeep type look, now if I can only figure out how to post pics properly I would be golden.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

o.k., here is my spawn .2, decided to do the front flip with the hood.still need to get some posts' to hold down the rear, but for now it's good.i also got rid of the rear under tray/tubing where the stock battery mount was.with the new dmg cage the frame is soo stiff, it's really not needed.and if I had different rear shocks I could get more up travel, since there's no tubing to interfere.also did the tummy tuck.

Last edited by flatfoot; 04-12-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Old 04-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Old 05-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

and, as of now.hood pins finhttp://ally installed, and I got two of those awesome cell blocks from crawler innovations.one for the spawn, and one for my newest project el rauncho.i think i'm still going to try a 9t pinion otherwise i'm pretty satisfied for now.