Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraiths axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraiths axles

Hi guys, I've been on here looking for info for a few months but this is my first post. I recently picked up a wraith off kijiji. Long story short it wasn't fast enough, so I put a brushless motor and esc in it, and now it rocks... For about 20 minutes before I snapped one of the front axles. What do you guys recommend I replace them with? This thing is my basher, so I need something that is going to stand up to some abuse. Thanks
Canadiankrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wraiths axles

If you want a fast basher buy a traxxas. Otherwise read and follow Harleys bulletproof your wraith sticky, then the motor for your wraith sticky.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Currently I think Vp VVDs are the best option since the Axial Universals have been having some issues as of lately.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The RC4WD Heavy Duty XVD's for the Wraith can take a beating and keep on going.

Hrm.. doing a search of Vanquish's site, looks like you have to buy the individual pieces of their VVD's and then assemble it yourself? If that's the only way to get them anymore it's cheaper to grab the RC4WDs.. Amain offers them assembled tho.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check those both out in the morning. Sdmf, I'll definitely take a look at those stickys tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Or get DLux's knuckles and mod'd Ofna axles and have NO worries.
SouthernComfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I went to the hobby shop today and ordered a set of the rc4wd heavy duty XVD's. They should be in Friday so I'll let you know what I think of them Friday night.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:17 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I picked up my new axles today and they work great, much stronger than the stock ones and turn way farther too. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:06 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastra View Post
The RC4WD Heavy Duty XVD's for the Wraith can take a beating and keep on going.

Hrm.. doing a search of Vanquish's site, looks like you have to buy the individual pieces of their VVD's and then assemble it yourself? If that's the only way to get them anymore it's cheaper to grab the RC4WDs.. Amain offers them assembled tho.
That is not the way you have to buy them. They took them off the site because they are out of stock and the website has a glitch that adds things in stock when they aren't so sometimes they will hide things so people don't think they are instock when they are not and get upset when VP has to make them wait for next batch or refund them. The VVD will be back in 2 weeks. I am waiting on a set for my son. VP just bought a super expensive lathe that was probably 100 grand so Don't think shit is going away. Its the opposite shit is ginna be coming back and more shit. Check their facebook page they got a video up of the yeti xl with a brand new VP link kit and aluminum rear axle. THey also posted up a pic on facebook of probably 1 thousand method rims looks like the 101 in all raw form freshly cut. VP has got their shit going now they just gotta get caught up on from the time when everything went out of stock.

If you notice something goes off the site call VP and ask them it is probably hidden cause its out of stock temporarily. Trust I have been chewcking their site and shit has been coming back in stock then going out of stock and then back in. They are getting production back up and going gonna take time to get caught up.

My VP VVD's have been taking a serious beating and I will probably never buy anything else unless I go with crazy power but not looking to buy new batteries anytime soon 3s is fine for me.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-14-2015 at 02:33 AM.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraiths axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 wraiths where are they at ??? Aussie scaler Axial Wraith 279 10-20-2019 07:53 PM
My wraiths JtsYfz450 Axial Wraith 0 04-28-2014 07:57 PM
** Wraiths in Motion ** Axial Wraiths attack the PNW! toyofast Scale Videos! 25 07-03-2011 09:23 AM