Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Hacking up the cage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #1

Default Hacking up the cage

How much can you actually take from the wraith cage without compromising anything?

I am working on a rig and I have a body for it that is off of an Tmaxx/Emaxx. It fits great and looks pretty good. The only thing that bugs me is the back of the roof that holds my fast back mod in place sticks out. Not a huge deal but I was wondering if I cut it down, squared it off, and got rid of the fast back would it weaken anything?

I've looked around and have found that people have done a fair amount of trimming but seem to keep the back of the cab and a fastback. The ones without the the fastback seem to be shortened way down in the back.
surgetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Hacking up the cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgetek View Post
How much can you actually take from the wraith cage without compromising anything?

I am working on a rig and I have a body for it that is off of an Tmaxx/Emaxx. It fits great and looks pretty good. The only thing that bugs me is the back of the roof that holds my fast back mod in place sticks out. Not a huge deal but I was wondering if I cut it down, squared it off, and got rid of the fast back would it weaken anything?

I've looked around and have found that people have done a fair amount of trimming but seem to keep the back of the cab and a fastback. The ones without the the fastback seem to be shortened way down in the back.

It's pretty flexy stock, when I cut the back off mine, without anything back there to brace the back, it was pretty squishy. Putting the downbars of the fastback on noticeably stiffened it up.

Why not slot the Tmaxx body where you need clearance?
Jrgunn5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

chop it off plenty stiff no breaks on my cage what's left of it
ptaryan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
It's pretty flexy stock, when I cut the back off mine, without anything back there to brace the back, it was pretty squishy. Putting the downbars of the fastback on noticeably stiffened it up.

Why not slot the Tmaxx body where you need clearance?
The body is actually cut and painted. This is more of an after thought. My friend who painted and I were going to make some number plates to cover it from the side. Then I thought maybe I'll cut the cross bar and still mount the number plates up. Cutting the cross bar will eliminate the fastback.

It'll post a picture when I get home and show where I'd like to cut it.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #5

I am thinking of cutting it flush with the back of the cab but wondering if I can rig something for a cross bar and lose the fast back.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I say give it a shot, why not? The worst that can happen is you have too much chassis twist/ flex and it wont be to your liking. The top cage and side cages are plenty cheap enough to buy if you need another one. If you don't get the answer your looking for, Just do it! Like the Nike add. LOL....
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Why not just cut the roof off the top of the body? cut it at the bottom of the a and b pillars?
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote

Hacking up the cage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some fast help. hacking my gt3b m1009cucv Electronics 0 01-28-2015 12:43 PM
Hacking a FlySky GT3B Nils1976 Videos! 0 08-30-2014 12:24 PM
AX10 body hacking darkstar Paint and Body 25 05-05-2008 09:09 PM
Hacking test ColquittCustom405 Testing 1 2 3 3 01-16-2008 04:48 PM