Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: jazrider or other parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #1

Default jazrider or other parts?

ok guys so i got a new wraith spawn, new to all of this also, im looking at parts to buy for it, i want, new links at the moment, would the jazrider ones be ok to use? i dont want to spend Mega but willing to spend a little.... for example :

Jazrider Aluminum Thread Rod Lower Chassis Links Linkage Set For Axial Wraith | eBay

The problem i have, is im in the uk and trying to find parts in the uk for the wraith is crazy... iv found like 2 shops online, and the price of the parts are crazy, and yes iv looked at the sticky post about parts upgrade's

just want to know if the parts on say uk ebay would be ok to run, im not doing any competitions or anything just crawing/running around my local hill/walk site. also want to do the cage mod on it at some pont but that's not a problem to do, just want to know if anyone knows of them parts, iv seen a post here about that brand But it was a little while ago, any uk websites that anyone can provide would be amazing, Also i want to have aluminum panels, anyone know where i can buy some or what thickness aluminum sheets i should use?

cheers Craig.
amatris1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: jazrider or other parts?

I would not use those. The ends have a press fitting that will pop out randomly when stressed and it will never seat correctly again. They are similar to HR links and fail consistently.
Look for another option that has ball ends.
offroadace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #3

ok thanks, anyone know where i can get Axial Wraith Stage 1 Aluminum Links Kit, in the uk???
amatris1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You can get a couple bags of traxxas revo ends and 8-32 threaded rod and make your own links. Its very easy.
KBR97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Stay away from the cheap parts, you get what you pay for. Spend the money once and you will be happy. VP, STRC, Blue Monkey, R2J, RPP Hobbies, there are vendors here that can fabricate them for you or just buy them from retailers. You don't want to go cheap on suspension parts, they take a lot of abuse.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:49 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm in the UK. I have bought from here - RC-WELT.EU with good results. Fast delivery and no Customs charge as it in the EU. If I need to buy from the US I buy from RRP Hobby. Fast to the UK but then sits in customs while they work out the charge. Still worth it though for good parts.

I would leave the plastic links for now. They are better than the cheap aluminum ones. IF you decide you like the platform and its a 'Keeper', buy the VP Titanium links and they should last a life time (May have to replace a rod end now and again if they get to bust up).
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote

jazrider or other parts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
jazrider aluminium and steel parts prisihayabusa Axial Wraith 9 10-30-2013 03:41 PM