Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Proper Shock Set-up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Proper Shock Set-up?

So I did do a quick search and couldn't find what I wanted. Maybe I did not type the correct words to search for or something. Anyway, I have the Gmade XD103 Piggybacks on my wraith. My truck is built more for speed and bashing although I do do some crawling from time to time.

I am looking for something that explains how to properly tune your shocks. The springs that come with the gmades seem soft to me and the oil they send you is really light oil at least that is my inexperienced opinion. So how do you tune your shocks properly? I have the 4 hole pistons that come with the shocks installed. I want to put dual rate springs on these shocks. Is it possible? If so how is it done? What oil weight should I be running or how do I determine the proper weight of oil for my setup?

I tried doing some slo-mo video of the truck being dropped from different heights to see how far the shock compressed and then adjusted the piggyback to keep from bottoming out and while the thing doesn't bottom out anymore and I have eliminated toque steer the truck just doesn't "feel" right if that is understandable.

Does anyone know of any comprehensive resources out there that explains all this stuff? Thanks!
Jtroutt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Proper Shock Set-up?

So, I was reading the wraith go fast suspension thread, and have a few questions. With lighter weight oil and softer springs wont the thing bottom out when landing from a jump? I'm really confused by all this....maybe I am making it more complicated than it is.......
Jtroutt19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Proper Shock Set-up? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
proper way to change shock oil? 04zrx Tools, and Procedures 5 12-26-2012 04:05 AM
R1 Shock set up Mac28 G-Made Crawlers 2 06-23-2011 07:06 PM
Shock set-up? -w-designs Axial XR10 22 09-17-2010 03:26 AM
PROPER way to set dig endpoints? Deezul Newbie General 5 11-20-2009 09:56 AM
shock set up... What to do theonek Tamiya CR-01 9 05-31-2008 10:10 PM