Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New setup loosing power

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New setup loosing power

Hey all, I normally wouldn't double post so I posted this in the right section but I know there are a lot of very knowledgable people that work on the wraiths that might not look in the electronics section

I just redid my wraith with a Mamba Max Pro, Leopard sensored 4 pole, Castle BEC and spectrum servo. I'm having this intermittant problem where I loose ALL power...

Seems to be running fine then all of a sudden nothing... I do know that not all the power runs through the ESC since I have the BEC so its not like its one or the other since I loose all power. Sometimes wiggling the wires or unplugging and plugging in the battery helps, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it comes back in minutes, sometimes hours...

Any thoughts? The only thing I'm wondering that I have different/new for me is an extention wire/plugs for the battery since I mounted the ESC in the back and battery in the front.

I'm usually ok to troubleshoot things but this is completely unpredictable. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
SynisteR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New setup loosing power

Something is going open. Most likely a connector not connecting... You can narrow it down by just wiggling one wire at a time.
Sarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Your LVC isn't coming on?
flyboy320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
Your LVC isn't coming on?
No, just acting as if I unplugged the battery. Wiggle some wires, unplug/plug in the battery and eventually comes back.
SynisteR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Ive recently been having a somewhat similar problem.... I don't loose, all power still have steering, but my motor was cutting out after putting in a new one. My theory is that the previous connections had some corrosion, so with the new connections I had to take them apart and clean them up a bit for the power to get through. You could try checking out the connections and sand them down a bit if they look dirty at all
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

If you have a DMM you can measure the resistance in the lengths of each wire. If there is a problem in the wire or wires you will see a high resistance on the troublesome wire. Ohm them cold if you do not come up with anything warm the wires up and do the test again. I would also check the resistance of your battery cells if your charger has that ability. Have you tried a different battery with it?

You could also try eliminating the BEC for a run and see if it that solves the problem. You may have a faulty BEC. IC's can be temperamental. They will work fine until they get a decent amount of current running through them and then poof they stop working until they cool down or a residual charge leaks off. The smallest speck of dust in the manufacturing process of the IC's can cause issues like that.

Last edited by Jtroutt19; 03-29-2015 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Added more
Jtroutt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Does the esc have a on/off switch? If so cut it off and twist/solder the wires together.
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote

New setup loosing power - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Loosing Power :S SynisteR6 Electronics 16 04-02-2015 08:32 PM
Wraith loosing power? Stan3535 Axial Wraith 7 05-01-2013 10:34 AM
Loosing power??? Stan3535 Electronics 4 05-01-2013 01:19 AM
Loosing power ... wont hardly climb??? J-Fish Newbie General 6 03-18-2010 01:07 PM
loosing power 4x4wheelier General Crawlers 3 02-07-2009 11:27 AM