Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: VP hex fitment issue with VP centered rear axle shafts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: VP hex fitment issue with VP centered rear axle shafts?

**** I got some free replacements but the ones inside my rig are running fine after I tried different hexes till I got something to fit. I never checked the new ones to the old ones cause I didn't want to take the rig apart. You have got to be kidding me if they didn't change shit I have a new sett from amain from a long time ago and I have the replacement vanquish sent me and they didn't change shit.

Honestly I have given up with VP I was told green methods would be back shortly and its been months and they didn't change any programing on the new stuff maybe they finaly got so big they don't care anymore. As long as their stuff sorta works and people can make it work they just keep making it the same I just tried stock axial hexes on the new shafts they sent me and they still don't fit. All the black and silver hexes I sent to them were returned as all silver hexes no black ones for my son.

My buddy just bought a bunch of ssd stuff for his yeti and I am gonna keep watching them might switch over to their stuff they are killing it right now.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhobby100 View Post
**** I got some free replacements but the ones inside my rig are running fine after I tried different hexes till I got something to fit. I never checked the new ones to the old ones cause I didn't want to take the rig apart. You have got to be kidding me if they didn't change shit I have a new sett from amain from a long time ago and I have the replacement vanquish sent me and they didn't change shit.

Honestly I have given up with VP I was told green methods would be back shortly and its been months and they didn't change any programing on the new stuff maybe they finaly got so big they don't care anymore. As long as their stuff sorta works and people can make it work they just keep making it the same I just tried stock axial hexes on the new shafts they sent me and they still don't fit. All the black and silver hexes I sent to them were returned as all silver hexes no black ones for my son.

My buddy just bought a bunch of ssd stuff for his yeti and I am gonna keep watching them might switch over to their stuff they are killing it right now.
The silver hexes they returned to you worked? Maybe they changed the hex and I just need to order a new set...
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:03 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

yes. It seems like they weeded out all the ones they tried to make a improvement to but got messed up and went back to the original design. They didn't change anything on the hexes either but at least they fit
Old 06-11-2015, 05:41 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhobby100 View Post
They didn't change anything on the hexes either but at least they fit
Im confused on this part. My vp hexes do not fit. I posted pics on the last page.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

What r u confused about on the other pages i posted up pics of 2 different versions of vp hexes old versions tgat fitbon the centered axle and new versions that dont fit. The hexes they sent me back were there original design not the new design that was suppose to fit the geti size hex pins. Guess they didnt want to take the time to reprogram the file correcrly and just went back to the old version. Its a lil frustrating seems like when something happens vp tales the easy way out. Making improvements is a good thing and even if lil problems come up its better to fix them and have a better product instead of just sticking with the original versions of everything because thats the easy way. Hope vp starts to step it up and make some good improvements the their products to stay competitive. They had the market cornered for a while but now they have some competition from other quality machining companies.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:33 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

I guess I'm confused about the hexes. My vp hexes are not new, I got them when they first came out.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

I can't find the black hexes on vp's site anymore. Hmmm...
Old 06-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Yup black hexes are gone. I talked to rob once and he said that the computer will add stick to things they dont have so sometimes they hide it from the site till they make more. Try getting some silver hexes from them they should work and they will barely be noticable once the truck is all together and on the ground
Old 06-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I had problems with the vp silver hexes as well, had to put a tiny flat head to spread them apart and they worked but also had trouble when I put the bolts through hexes, they would stick out and messed up the vp hubs and makes it a pain to take apart now.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Vanquish got a hold of me and they are going to send me a set of hexes. I'm satisfied. Thanks VP!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

My fix was to bore the hex out a smidge so it went around the pin more. Loctite on the set screw and I've had no problems
Solid94 is offline   Reply With Quote

VP hex fitment issue with VP centered rear axle shafts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STRC rear lockouts fitment issue 1967Typhoon Axial SCX-10 13 09-08-2016 08:25 PM
Currie centered axle issue R6MAXX Axial Wraith 15 04-08-2015 08:17 AM
vanquish centered axle shafts to GCM centered housing compatibility npcaldwell Axial Yeti 7 01-31-2015 12:47 PM
Rc4wd centered rear axle otis683 Axial Wraith 2 09-15-2013 09:40 AM