Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith... which one and whats the real difference?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #1

Default Wraith... which one and whats the real difference?

Hey guys, I am finally in the market for a Wraith but There is the original Wraith, the poison spyder, and now the spawn. Which one should I get and whats the real difference between the two? I see the spawn has a different ESC and is about $30 cheaper that the poison spyder. I don't plan on doing anything crazy with them, just for messing around and bashing with some friends that have Wraiths and some SCX10's. If I change anything it would just be servo since I read they can be a weak point and maybe tires and just cosmetic stuff. I already have 4 other race cars that take up most of my time so I am looking for a simple RTR that I can just charge the battery and go
crfnick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #2

Default Re: Wraith... which one and whats the real difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfnick56 View Post
Hey guys, I am finally in the market for a Wraith but There is the original Wraith, the poison spyder, and now the spawn. Which one should I get and whats the real difference between the two? I see the spawn has a different ESC and is about $30 cheaper that the poison spyder. I don't plan on doing anything crazy with them, just for messing around and bashing with some friends that have Wraiths and some SCX10's. If I change anything it would just be servo since I read they can be a weak point and maybe tires and just cosmetic stuff. I already have 4 other race cars that take up most of my time so I am looking for a simple RTR that I can just charge the battery and go
Besides the obvious cosmetic differences (body, lights, wheels, tires etc) I know that the Spawn comes with the dual slipper spur gear that is 32P instead of 48P. It also comes geared slower, so it's not quite as fast, but stays cooler if used for crawling.

It also comes with the WD8 HD drive axles, so it's a bit more durable.

They come with the same motor, but the Spawn comes with the AX-5 ESC instead of the AX-2 which can be programmed with the Castle Link.

This may not be all the differences, but just what I remember off the top of my head. Oh, I think the Spawn might also be the only one that comes with a completely waterproof receiver box.

-melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You really cant go wrong with any of the 3 you decide. If you get the spawn, the money you saved off of the other 2 can go towards a better servo and horn. I do like the ax-2 ESC better than the ax-5, the ax-2 is made by Castle other than that you are not giving up much really. It all comes down to what body style and wheel/ tire combo you like? Good luck with your decision, you will have fun with either of the 3 choices.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'd go with the spawn (currently have the PS) just for the better drive shafts and tires. The bfgs are terrible for any kind of rock crawling.
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #5

I had a poison spyder sold it and just got the spawn I am really liking it plus I used a 70 dollar coupon off when spending 399 or more from towerhobbies. I think the spawn looks better in person than in pictures online also the tires are alot better.
outdoorsmanjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith... which one and whats the real difference? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Real Difference between a Scaler and a NON Comp Crawler xwingman Newbie General 2 03-30-2013 11:09 PM
Whats the difference? Local Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 03-14-2010 07:56 PM
whats the difference? rockylizard Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 02-10-2009 09:47 PM
Whats the difference? Oilfield_Mafia Newbie General 4 09-25-2008 02:20 AM
Whats the difference. Georgerm Electronics 3 05-02-2008 12:54 PM