Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Body and cage mod advice needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Body and cage mod advice needed

I have my Wraith kit on its way to me from RPP and I am wondering if anyone has mounted non Wraith bodies to their rigs? I've only seen a few but one that looked cool was a Jeep G6 with its own cage. How are they doing that? I've also seen folks using EXO body/cage combos on Wraiths. I'm just looking for something different and not the same cookie cutter cage layout.
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Body and cage mod advice needed

The wrexo mod is usually done to get independent front suspension and is an expensive endeavor requiring basically 2 complete vehicles. There a lot of bodies made specifically for the Wraith that will change its look. There are some vendors on here like DMG that make partial cages that bolt in and change the whole look. There is the simple and cheap fastback mod as well.

Last edited by DzrtRyd; 04-18-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: misspelling
DzrtRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

The G6 body (& I've seen the deadbolt done too) is mounted by chopping off all the stock roll cage & mounting to body over it.
The chassis must flex something horrible on the ones I've seen pics of because the never rebraced it front to back to compensate for loosing the roof cage.

The G6 jeep body is externally the same as the Poison spider body, so either it or the deadbolt could have the cockpit cut out & they'd drop right over the wraith cage.

I chopped out the C pillar & the gussets at the top rear of the B pillar, heated the roof section with a normal electric heat gun & pulled it down. Fixed with a couple of screws to the rear upper shock mount.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzrtRyd View Post
The wrexo mod is usually done to get independent front suspension and is an expensive endeavor requiring basically 2 complete vehicles. There a lot of bodies made specifically for the Wraith that will change its look. There are some vendors on here like DMG that make partial cages that bolt in and change the whole look. There is the simple and cheap fastback mod as well.
Yeah, I'm staying away from anything like that IFS conversion. Not my style. The body structure I would like to mess with. The cage conversions are pretty cool.
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Essentially the core of the Wraith is the skid, trans, and axles. Anything that'll mount to the skid can act as a body. Really is pretty versatile.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote

Body and cage mod advice needed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cage mod... how to... DrDiff952 Axial Wraith 3 06-27-2013 10:34 PM
cage mod snohiker Axial Wraith 51 06-18-2013 11:58 PM
Advice needed to save my body mud digger Paint and Body 5 07-27-2012 03:02 PM
Cage mod help? o0wiz0o Axial Wraith 27 06-27-2012 09:31 PM
Body building advice needed spacephrawg General Crawlers 9 07-04-2010 06:52 PM