Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Finally I'm building a Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Finally I'm building a Wraith

I have been wanting a Wraith kit for a long time. I have an SCX10 which is fun, but I wanted something for trail runs and all around good times. So here I am. I have all the parts I want for now and am ready to go. This weekend the wife and kid will be away so I will have plenty of time to get it all thrown together. Here is a picture of all my stuff together. A couple things are missing from the pic including some rod ends and the STRC steering upgrade.

kingfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Finally I'm building a Wraith

No wonder you wanted for the wife to be away.
Z0MB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:53 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0MB13 View Post
No wonder you wanted for the wife to be away.

HAHA exactly! She doesnt understand my drive for RC but as long as she doesnt know the price she is happy. No complaints here
Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

What's the white box under the rpp and hh stickers?
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
What's the white box under the rpp and hh stickers?
Thats the Yeah Racing aluminum upgrade kit.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #6

I buy most of my stuff online and it just show happens the wifey is the one with the paypal credit card, so every purchase I make goes to her email. Everytime the gmail app on her phone dings she starts looking my way,lol.
stingeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

HAHA I bought some online, but I got most of the things from my LHS. Plus it allowed me to take my son for the first time and he loved it. The best part about this hobby is sharing it with people close to you after all.

Also, my wife receives the emails too, dont worry...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well... What was going to be a build thread turned into a "i have been too busy but here is what it is now" thread

It 90% done. Need to adjust the shocks because the kings always stick for some reason, wire in the lights, tighten the slipper a little more, install interior and probably more i am forgetting.

Anyways, here it is for now!

20150516_202331
Old 12-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Well... It has been a LONG time since I have updated this. The wraith has come a long way since hen. I have added:

-2.2 Pitbull Rockbeast 2
-Deadbolt body (with no holes for hood)
-DMG Stiffy Kit
-Proline Powerstrokes
-Gearhead RC Roof
-Other stuff probably

Old 12-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Are you still running the HH brushed motor?
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScaleAddict View Post
Are you still running the HH brushed motor?

YEs I am. Its still running strong. Ive put literally MILES on this thing up and down a mountain and rock crawling and it hasn't had any problems.. I will be buying another one for backup, but dont expect to have to use it
Old 02-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default Finally I'm building a Wraith

So I got bored of the slow speed and I bought another SCX10 G6 kit. I took the motor from the Wraith and put it in the G6. Since I still wanted to be able to do some slow speed and then "give her the beans" if I chose to, I knew what to do... HOLMES HOBBIES!!!

Old 03-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I know we haven't had much decent weather for getting out, but have you done much with your Wraith? I'm almost done building mine, and am sort of torn on whether I should devote it to bashing/hill climbing, or trailing, or a little of both. I, too, have a couple of SCX10's (with a 3rd pre-roller chassis + Dingo body kit in the works), so I'm pretty good on straight trailing. I got my Wraith out for it's first official test yesterday, running 3S brushless power, and now I'm not sure I even want to bother taking it on a trail. It is so beastly that I'm afraid I'll only want to rip it, and end up shooting it off a trail, and down a steep slope, where I end up losing it, or having to scramble down through rough underbrush to retrieve it. You know how some of those Cascade Mtn hiking trails are.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
I know we haven't had much decent weather for getting out, but have you done much with your Wraith? I'm almost done building mine, and am sort of torn on whether I should devote it to bashing/hill climbing, or trailing, or a little of both. I, too, have a couple of SCX10's (with a 3rd pre-roller chassis + Dingo body kit in the works), so I'm pretty good on straight trailing. I got my Wraith out for it's first official test yesterday, running 3S brushless power, and now I'm not sure I even want to bother taking it on a trail. It is so beastly that I'm afraid I'll only want to rip it, and end up shooting it off a trail, and down a steep slope, where I end up losing it, or having to scramble down through rough underbrush to retrieve it. You know how some of those Cascade Mtn hiking trails are.

I honestly havent ran it since I changed the power source out haha. I only took it out to see the speed and I am with you as far as how im a little nervous to take it on the trails. I know that I will be so pissed when I launch it off the hill side... I do plan on going crawling soon as it is becoming nicer and warmer out. Feel free to PM me and we can try to meet up.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:41 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfuzz View Post
I honestly havent ran it since I changed the power source out haha. I only took it out to see the speed and I am with you as far as how im a little nervous to take it on the trails. I know that I will be so pissed when I launch it off the hill side... I do plan on going crawling soon as it is becoming nicer and warmer out. Feel free to PM me and we can try to meet up.
I think that might be doable! I'm certainly glad to be out of the winter, and am ready for some drier days. As we creep further along into spring, my motivation to work on my RC's increases. As soon as I'm done with my Wraith I'll move forward to finish up my Gelande II D90, which I've been dragging out for over six months.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
I think that might be doable! I'm certainly glad to be out of the winter, and am ready for some drier days. As we creep further along into spring, my motivation to work on my RC's increases. As soon as I'm done with my Wraith I'll move forward to finish up my Gelande II D90, which I've been dragging out for over six months.

I feel you. I have a G6 I have been building but havent finished it yet. Needs paint and a few small things. I have been thinking of selling it actually and just using my Wraith but I dont know yet.

I just added you on IG so feel free to let me know if you want to met up.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfuzz View Post
I feel you. I have a G6 I have been building but havent finished it yet. Needs paint and a few small things. I have been thinking of selling it actually and just using my Wraith but I dont know yet.

I just added you on IG so feel free to let me know if you want to met up.
Sell the G6...Really? I don't know if I'll even want to take the Wraith on long trails or not. Haha! I guess I won't be sure until I get it out for a trial run. I like my scalers, though. I even have plans for a G6 clear body that I bought off a friend.
I'll PM you.

Finally I'm building a Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Building a 1/6 Scale Rob92k1500 Kyosho Crawlers 19 04-02-2007 09:51 PM
SWEET finally im building a tlt king_crawler Tamiya TLT Crawlers 17 01-27-2007 06:38 AM
Getting to building My Own Hi Lift Finally RPP Hobby 2.2 Scale Rigs 17 12-04-2006 06:13 PM
Building a crawler, finally! trickedoutTLT06 Newbie General 4 08-03-2006 03:47 PM
Finally building a Maxx crawler! Testykalz Traxxas Crawlers 17 10-01-2005 11:40 PM