Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Thinking about getting a wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Thinking about getting a wraith

Well if I get one let me start it will probably be an rtr as kits cost so much to build as when I buy a kit I go for all upgrades which result in curries and vp wheels and Tekin and castle.... So I'm debating on ordering a wraith... I was stuck between a e revo or the wraith but after crashing my summit and realizing how much it cost to rapair them I just could see myself throwing a around a 800 e revo and it breaking and having to repair it.. So I'll probably wind up with a wraith and curries and some method wheels man I've pictures this thing in my head but my wallet is telling me no bc of vp...
Mitchell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Thinking about getting a wraith

VP is nice but the stock stuff works fine. For a while.

I have had many RC's before and have always had a favorite. Then I got my Wraith... And it's a whole new world to RC I never knew before. I am not much of a basher, or looking for speed in the wraith (I have a castle powered b4.2 frankenbuild for speed) so I went for the trail running and offroading capabilities.

Long story short, My Wraith is without a single doubt, the best and most favorite RC I have ever owned!!!
kingfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The Wraith and Erevo are completely different. I LOVED my erevo brushless and had it for years. The only reason I got rid of it is because it really was to big to crawl with. The brushless system I had in it was smooth as butter low speeds but it was so big there is no way it would fit where I crawl with my scx10 and wraith.

The Wraith is IMO not as good a crawler as an scx10 when it's stock. It can be turned into a good crawler with some work and money thrown at it. I crawl with a group of guys that run scx10's and one guy has what is basically a wroncho and my stock width/height wraith just cannot crawl the same lines/obstacles they can. It's either to wide and cannot fit or to tall and rolls over to easily. I am working on it and tuning it to make it a better crawler.

What do you want to do with the truck? My wraith shocks do not do very well with jumps or drops where as my erevo could handle crazy high jumps and hard landings and be just fine. I use to jump my erevo higher than my house (about 20ft) and do tricks in the air and I rarely broke parts. I would occasionally brake an a-arm or rocker but those are cheap. What did you brake that was expensive on your summit? Remember the summit and erevo have a different transmission and differentials as well as no shift servo's so if it was any of that you wouldn't have to worry about it.
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My Erevo was so unreliable. Just get a wraith you won't regret it.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Convert your Summit to a 2.2. Then you have an RC the same size as a wraith that can do just about everything. It's far more durable compared to a wraith, much faster, .....two speed.....locking/unlocking diffs. I love my wraith, but it's a constant money pit.....and just not as much fun as a converted summit. The Summit can take much more abuse with very little upgrades.

Here's my Wraith and Summit

Last edited by Chainsaw10; 05-28-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Chainsaw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well the e revo and e maxx thing got me this weekend when I played with the summit and was like damn it's so fun throwing these big things around compared to the slash and stampedes... I have a yeti and an scx10 built to the max on both.... And I just picture a wraith looking so good and I know the traxxas guys said out a brushless system in the summit.... But to me the summit comes out of the box the way it should be but I'm probably gonna go with a wraith and build it up and get an e revo around winter man these rc are an addiction but it feels good looking at them
On the shelf and have a decision up to 8 right now....
Old 05-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I honestly don't believe the Summit can go everywhere a wraith can but thats just me. Two different experiences. One scale and solid axle and ones basically a slow monster truck with locking diffs.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

The Summit is NOT a crawler. It is a glorified monster truck. If you want a crawler, then go with the brand that has basically reinvented the scale industry- Axial.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Oh no guys I'm not saying it is its imho it's horrible at it... I mean anything with 7 inch fall tires can go over anything I'm not really going for a full on crawler just more for a basher crawler kind of like the yeti but the yeti to me isn't all that fun so I'm gonna try and wraith
Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

A Narrowed Summit set up correctly with 2.2's can crawl almost everywhere that a Wraith can. The Wraith is definitely a better crawler....but it's not a drastic difference. A converted Summit will out crawl a stock summit by far.

The Summit does almost everything else better. It's is FAR more durable and reliable, it can handle 4S brushless with no problem, it can blast down a rocky trail at high speed with control and stability, it can actually handle jumps and not bounce on its lid every 3 seconds

I've got about 2 grand into my wraith....and I love it. ...but I still cringe whenever I drive it hard. I break things often even though I have it fully "bulletproofed"

The Summit can take much more of a beating on the trails....no contest whatsoever

Here's my summit with some old Chisels mounted. It climbs almost everywhere my wraith does

Last edited by Chainsaw10; 05-28-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Chainsaw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I already own a summit, rustler vxl, stamped vxl, mini e revo, slash 4x4, stampede 4x4, yeti and scx10.... I'm just wanted to add something to the collection and the summit isn't something I wanna convert I like the mt look that's why I was leaning towards the maxx of revo but I drove a friends wraith and liked it but a crawlers is a money pit for me bc curries and vp products I'm not trying to start an argue between wraith and summit im open minded and don't favorite anything at all

Thinking about getting a wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking about a wraith.. blakeguski Axial Wraith 4 09-06-2014 07:36 PM
Thinking of buying a Wraith molina Axial Wraith 3 03-26-2014 01:01 PM
Thinking about getting a Wraith. TOMS97ZJ Axial Wraith 8 07-30-2012 11:26 PM
Im thinking thinking about whats next...lol buggynutt Kyosho Crawlers 6 03-08-2012 09:04 AM
Thinking of getting a WK. J.T. HPI Wheely King 10 06-20-2010 07:49 PM