Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New Wraith Spawn owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New Wraith Spawn owner

Bought a Wraith Spawn RTR. Goin to Axialfest and don't know what to expect? Have done a lil trial runnin' with it and seems to be a little light in the front. Heard about moving batt. forward but can't really see how to do this. Could I simply add some weight to the front? If so how? Also. Waterproof? Can I run this thing thru mud and water and not worry about frying it or do I need to do some type of prep work before I hit the long trail at Axialfest?
Banjoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2015, 03:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Wraith Spawn owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
Bought a Wraith Spawn RTR. Goin to Axialfest and don't know what to expect? Have done a lil trial runnin' with it and seems to be a little light in the front. Heard about moving batt. forward but can't really see how to do this. Could I simply add some weight to the front? If so how? Also. Waterproof? Can I run this thing thru mud and water and not worry about frying it or do I need to do some type of prep work before I hit the long trail at Axialfest?
It is light in the front. the battery can be moved, check out Harley's budget build on youtube for how to move the battery. I wouldn't just add weight to the truck that isn't needed, just going to make the truck work harder and make the stock plastic steering even more sloppy. You should probably do a little waterproofing on the receiver. The esc and motor are good to get wet.

I would get some cheap servo extension wires off ebay, plug them all into the receiver, then dip the entire receiver and the bottom of the leads into plastidip. Pretty foolproof method, my favorite.
SoCal Crawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ok Great! Thanks so much!
Banjoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The spawns box up front which the rx is in, is waterproof from factory.

To move battery up front, just move the esc more forward along the bar that its already on, there's already a hole to bolt it too then put battery up front and body will hold it in and thats it.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

The battery fits upfront no modding. Took straps from back and used those to hold it from moving too much. Im going to put electronics in balloon and seal it in back to look like a duffle bag and itll be water proof. Esc is in passenger seat.

raider89 is offline   Reply With Quote

New Wraith Spawn owner - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possibly new wraith spawn owner few questions stingeragent Axial Wraith 13 05-06-2015 07:08 PM
New Axial Wraith Spawn Owner floridaboy Axial Wraith 1 02-25-2015 05:52 PM
Wraith run #028 - Wraith Spawn with Little Joe JoeConti Videos! 0 02-01-2015 11:55 AM
Wraith posion spyder or wraith spawn Mikael Axial Wraith 12 11-25-2014 01:00 PM