Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: C-hubs and knuckle question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #1

Default C-hubs and knuckle question

Ok so I am in need of new knuckles and chubs for my wraith. I currently have gpm racing steering linkage I got off amazon when my stock one broke. Now do I have to go with gpm racing knuckles and hubs or can I use strc ones off rpp hobby?

Or any other suggestions for hubs and knuckles. Dont wanna go with vanquish just because of price. Dont wanna spend that much on them as this is a cheap build.
squeaky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: C-hubs and knuckle question

If the c-hubs and knuckles are factory spec replacement parts it should be fine. If they have some optional feature (high-steer, increased/decreased ackermann, etc.) it might be an issue, but steering linkage is somewhat universal. So it may not matter what you choose.

I've got STRC and Hot Racing products that have been fine, machine work was good and everything fit without a problem. Haven't used anything from GPM. I like Axial's optional aluminum parts although they're priced a little high, but sometimes you find a decent price on e-Bay.
Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #3
SSD
RCC Addict

Dana 60 style scale knuckles for Wraith

D60 KNUCKLES BLACK
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Those Dana Knucks looks awesome. I prefer STRC over HR. I think the tolerances on their parts are tighter, the machining is cleaner, bearing pockets more precise.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I can vouch for the SSD knuckles, I've got a set on my Wraith and on my C2 truggy with a set in reserve when the Wraith goes full rear steer C3. My only complaint is that it can be a pain changing the bearings.

forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #6

Those d60 knuckles are pretty nice looking, but what do I use for the c-hub and axle shafts? I forgot to put im upgrading to the axial u-joint style axle shafts over the factory junk ones.

I can get the gpm racing kunckles that match my steering link for $40 for both the knuckle and chub or the strc sets for $60, yeahracing sets for $35, or this set of yeahracing that includes a bunch of upgraded parts Yeah Racing Aluminum Heavy Duty Upgrade Combo Set S01 For Axial

Also I guess I should replace the bearings in the knuckles at the same time?
squeaky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Those d60 knuckles are pretty nice looking, but what do I use for the c-hub and axle shafts?
I'm using Axial universals for axles and STRC hubs on both rigs.

Quote:
Also I guess I should replace the bearings in the knuckles at the same time?
Depends on how much use the current ones have, but I usually do pretty much any time I strip axles.
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:51 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm going for cheaper parts lately too. The Vanquish scale knuckles and now the SSD ones are bitchen and maybe I'll end up with one of those. But for now I have the yeah racing set and I'm happy. Boom Racing is another new company with some aluminum parts for the wraith.
snicklefritz is offline   Reply With Quote

C-hubs and knuckle question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do I prevent VP hubs and VP knuckle setup from rubbin on stock Jeep JK wheels MikeJordan Axial SCX-10 5 04-15-2013 09:25 PM
vp 8* hubs/knuckle problem bronc4now Axial SCX-10 9 05-13-2012 09:58 PM
Reasonably Priced Front Knuckle And C-Hubs? NFA Fabrication Axial SCX-10 4 10-11-2011 01:21 PM
Opinions on AX10 C-Hubs/Knuckle combo akapmar Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 06-19-2009 06:45 PM