Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Moving electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Moving electronics

I purchased the CKRC battery forward tray for the wraith, and I'm wondering where the best place to relocate the transmitter box and the esc so it's close enough to the battery in its new location?
Banjoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Moving electronics

I put my electronics in the back behind middle of seat. Some put esc in passenger seat and receiver in back.

I have my esc on velcro tape behind seat in the battery tray and the receiver in waterproof box behind it. Battery fits upfront and held in with the velcro straps, didnt need to purchase or make anything.

Also depending what receiver box you have if it still fits upfront, people keep it there and put esc in stock spot or in seat.
raider89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I just installed the same battery tray in my Spawn. I removed the mount plate from the ESC and then 3M sticky taped the ESC in between the front shock towers. BEC is sticky taped to the drivers side shock tower in between the 2 cross bar supports. The on/off switch for the ESC actually slides into the side of the ESC itself so you can take it off of the side that it is already sticky taped to and have it sitting in between the right shock tower and ESC. I then sticky taped the RX to the left of the ESC directly under the left shock tower. I realize this may be completely worthless without pics and will try to get some up tonight. I want to relocate the RX to the rear of the chassis and back into the waterproff box but non of the wiring would stretch to the back. I'll be stopping by the local hobby shop on the way home to see if they have any extensions in stock.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Cool, thanks! If you guys could share some pics of the two difference ways that you've done it that would be awesome.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider89 View Post
I put my electronics in the back behind middle of seat. Some put esc in passenger seat and receiver in back.

I have my esc on velcro tape behind seat in the battery tray and the receiver in waterproof box behind it. Battery fits upfront and held in with the velcro straps, didnt need to purchase or make anything.

Also depending what receiver box you have if it still fits upfront, people keep it there and put esc in stock spot or in seat.
Do you have to extend the batt. wires from the ESC? Seems like they are unusually short outta the box stock?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

All electronics go in this project box enclosure (Radio Shack).
Need extension wires for most of the components.
Battery and MMP ESC up front.

1SweetRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

So I went by the LHS and picked up a servo wire extension and also got my motor and RX bypass adapter from Holmes today. Both gave me the needed length to mount my RX back into its waterproof box and into the drivers floor area. I ran all wires from the servo, esc, and BEC under the battery tray and into the cab where the RX now resides. I'm really happy with the way this came out and will leave it this way. It's not scale at all. I don't have my interior in anymore either but I'm building function first then scale if possible. This is my first RC ever so I'm still learning a lot and having everything exposed and easy to work on is paramount for now. Now, I just need to figure out how to post pics from my iPad.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I located all of my electronics up front. I wanted a clean look for the back, I removed the rx box and put my ESC, and RX up front and used a smaller battery up front. I didn't even have to cut the firewall which was nice, the battery I used is a 2200 mah, 25c and fits in that space quite nicely. I get roughly 1.5 hrs of crawling/ trail runs in my 12lbs. rig. In case you are wondering if I go in water and mud? That would be a hell no! LOL....

Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys, time to tackle installing CKRC plate. All gave me some great ideas, thank you. Still open to more pics. Every bit helps!

Moving electronics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
moving electronics celt Axial SCX-10 9 07-02-2014 06:24 PM
Moving the electronics up front!! djmaincheese Axial Wraith 4 06-26-2013 06:48 PM
More power and faster moving forward than moving backwards? StickyWheels Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 01-07-2012 09:11 PM
Moving Time! electronics locations devenaberger Axial SCX-10 11 02-03-2011 07:31 PM
Moving Electronics on Losi mrc rockcrawler150 Electronics 3 12-15-2009 08:58 AM